Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 04:40 PM

Default ATo in BB, 6-max 1/2

After 100 hands, UTG is 24.1/15.0/3.3 and MP is 85.2/5.6/0.7. CO is also very loose preflop.

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand Converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero</font>...?

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

UTG's raise on the turn has me worrying about K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], so I'm not sure how to play the river. Check/call, bet/call, bet/raise? Any input is appreciated.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: ATo in BB, 6-max 1/2

I'd rather see a c/r on the flop and try and take it down there. UTG is aggressive enough that the turn is as likely to be a clarkmeister as it is the Kh. C/c the river and give him another chance to bluff.

I'm not really sure about pre-flop it doesn't sit well but it's the BB so it's probably close enough to not matter much.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:54 PM

kerowo, pf you're not sure about folding or raising?
Old 06-15-2007, 04:58 PM

bet/3bet the river is very bad; what do you think he raises with, A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ? Check/call and curse when he checks through with AQ.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:00 PM

Yea, I'm tempted to say dump this pre-flop more than I am raising this. 24/15 is pretty close to what I play and my UTG range starts around A9,AT so despite getting in for a discount I think we are most often dominated.

Because this guy is so aggressive I don't see him folding to a donk on an ace high board or not 3-betting with a weaker ace, making this a difficult hand to get away from when we are beat.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:00 PM

donking the flop is so dumb. what were you hoping to accomplish?

as played, once it's HU, i just c/c down. i kind of want another bet to go in, but there's no useful way to do that (most of the time, donking the river insures that either 0 or 2 bets go in).
Old 06-15-2007, 05:02 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if villain called playing the board but I'm not sure that matters in this case.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:03 PM

check/call...UTG could have AA-77 as well as AK, AQ, AJ, KQ etc....you have 2nd nut flush and can beat a few of the hands UTG would play as he did...worth staying to the showdown, although somewhat risky i think, thus check/call
Old 06-15-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, I'm tempted to say dump this pre-flop more than I am raising this. 24/15 is pretty close to what I play and my UTG range starts around A9,AT so despite getting in for a discount I think we are most often dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

so nitty.

doesn't your utg range also include KQ and 99, hands against which we are in good shape? this is a pretty easy peel getting 7:1, closing the action, and with decent relative position.

...as long as you're not going to donk into the field on an A-high monotone flop.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so nitty.

doesn't your utg range also include KQ and 99, hands against which we are in good shape? this is a pretty easy peel getting 7:1, closing the action, and with decent relative position.

...as long as you're not going to donk into the field on an A-high monotone flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it does and I didn't see that this is 6 max which I usually avoid posting strategy in because of said nittiness.

Yes, reading is fundimental and it's in the friken title but I'm mostly watching the clock till I can get the hell out of here and go play some live poker for more money than I ever have before.