Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: ATo in BB, 6-max 1/2

you should definitely play some 6max, kerowo. it can only help your game, ye preflop-eeyore-o'-the-micros.

live poker for high stakes == the bomb ldo. don't play scared. build giant chip castles. gl sir.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should definitely play some 6max, kerowo. it can only help your game, ye preflop-eeyore-o'-the-micros.

live poker for high stakes == the bomb ldo. don't play scared. build giant chip castles. gl sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Tyler, I'm looking forward to getting me feet wet in wussy Colorado live poker so I won't be as nervous when I play 3/6 at the Muck in Washington my next trip home.

I've thought about going 6 max but am a little variance averse. Maybe instead of hoping to .5/1 when I get rolled for it I'll try some .10/.20 or .25/.50 6-max for a while.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:39 PM

Thanks for all the feedback. I should have explained my play on the flop:

I led the flop with a bet because MP and CO are ridiculously loose/passive -- as in, they will check/call to showdown whether they have nothing, a draw, or a great hand, although they will occasionally fold when their odds are pitiful. My hope in betting was to drive out UTG (or at least narrow his range) and give the other two more incentive to stick around on the turn and river.

Alternatively, I could have checked in hopes that UTG would bet, which I could check-raise on the flop (or turn?) as some have suggested. This line seems very risky to me, because if UTG leads the betting, I don't know if he's semi-bluffing or not. He may have flopped aces with a better kicker, a flush, two-pair, or even trips. I would think check-raising with that kind of uncertainty could be getting me in even deeper when I'm behind.

Or am I ahead here enough of the time that I should actually c/r and fold to continued aggression?
Old 06-15-2007, 06:29 PM

Folding preflop is ridiculous!

The flop donk isnt terrible IMO. On this particular board it will get checked through a lot. UTG will certainly not c-bet 100% here.

River is easy check/crying call IMO.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:41 PM

yeah im with oink about the flop donk. 4-way on a mono-board it's fine. far from terrible on this board. when you check, bets are only going in when UTG has a bigbig draw like KhK or the best hand with a better ace.

the river is probably a check fold because now you beat nothing, but just waste a bet and see his cards.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:45 PM

miles, river fold with 2nd nuts, 10bb pot? easiest call evar.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:48 PM

do some hand reading. why would he raise the turn with red nines? red jacks is close (being the 2nd nuts), but that is impossible now that that river card drops. i didnt even realize it doesnt matter because you're the 3rd nuts on the turn.

if i were villain you should fold the turn, and the river would be a trivially easy fold (call is -0.99 bb).
Old 06-15-2007, 09:49 PM

I would check-raise the flop. But it depends on the softness of the game.
Played as you did. Why would you call a flush on the turn, if you wouldnt call the river.
I mean: either call both (turn and river) or fold on the turn.

For my opinions sake: Your call down is good enough to: ... yeah, to call down. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:57 PM

miles, that's why i don't advocate a raise, obviously, but i think this is random lower hearts or a set enough times (which isn't a ton of the time but probably 9% imo) to make it the correct check/call.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:00 PM

its ~never a set, and like i said the only lower hearts left don't make sense on the turn.

it doesn't matter though, this is one of those "better luck next time hands." sometimes you're going to run into the Kh here and there isn't much you can do about it.