Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 01:03 PM

Default recycled thread! Post your favorite sex mix

Okay, I tried posting this is El D's forum a few months ago but after a day or so it got locked, for some reason. I thought I'd try it again here because I think it's a fun thread!

A good sex mix must be more than a bunch of vaguely sexy songs strung together haphazardly. They can be all of a genre or be surprisingly different - yet still mix and match as if originally made to play together.

They must not all be songs you just "happen to love." They should be songs chosen for her. Ones you feel will surprise her, excite her and make her feel sexy.

Like the act itself, a good sex mix must first set the mood and tease a little bit before getting into the heavy petting and foreplay. It must steadily rise towards a peak with sudden, delirious falls that take your breath away, leaving you begging for more. Finally, it must build to an inevitable and perfect climax that leaves the listener both satisfied, exhausted, and yet, willing to listen to the whole thing all over again.

rules:

no more than 15 songs - if you can last longer than 15 songs go give lessons to Sting.

no "side one of Led Zep IV" - nothing wrong with this but be original.

most of the sex you are having is no longer in a dorm room.

you can name at least one Barry White song (it doesn't have to be in your mix, just name one!)

oh, and including "I Wanna Sex U Up" by Color Me Badd immediately disqualifies you to discuss anything sex related on these forums for the next two months.

There are all kinds of sex mixes...this is my "seduction" mix. Soft and sexy, with a side of aggression just underneath. Perfect for that first time together.

1. La Femme d'Argent.....................Air
2. My Torture...................................Esthero
3. Sugar Water...............................Cibo Matto
4. In the Waiting Line.....................Zero 7
5. To Be Free..................................Emiliana Torrini
6. Give it Up....................................8MM
7. Heaven........................................The Golden Palominios
8. Passing By..................................Zero 7
9. Dissolved Girl.............................Massive Attack
10. Glory Box.................................Portishead
11. Hell is Around the Corner........Tricky
12. 2Wicky.....................................Hooverp honic
13. Angel........................................Massi ve Attack

give it some thought and post some of yours!
Old 08-25-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: recycled thread! Post your favorite sex mix

I was actually thinking about this thread recently, so I welcome it's reappearance. I, too, will again lament you posting your mix which includes Glory Box, just as almost everyone in EDF did, since then if I include it in mine, I look like I'm just stealing it.

I'm going to do some thinking about it, but mine is going to probably be an apparently eclectic mix of genres that hopefully will come together well.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was actually thinking about this thread recently, so I welcome it's reappearance. I, too, will again lament you posting your mix which includes Glory Box, just as almost everyone in EDF did, since then if I include it in mine, I look like I'm just stealing it.

I'm going to do some thinking about it, but mine is going to probably be an apparently eclectic mix of genres that hopefully will come together well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also going to do another mix...probably something old school...
Old 08-25-2007, 02:58 PM

Theme from Jaws has got to work its way in here somewhere. I'm figuring around the masculine "unveiling". Just better be prepared to live up to it.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:27 PM

Bullet with Butterfly Wins by The Smashing Pumpkins and that's pretty much it since she's usually screaming in pain when I start headbanging her during the chorus.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:26 PM

Alright, here's my first attempt. I'm probably going to try my hand at two, this first one, which is slow, seductive, and fairly traditional, and a second which is funky, cheeky, and fun. Both of these will probably be a little off-beat from what people are expecting, though. Since my main hobby is swing dancing, these playlists will consist of mostly jazz and blues. But hey, it's dancers that I'd be mostly trying to seduce with these mixes anyway, so it suits me. If you enjoy jazz or blues at all, I'd seriously consider looking some of these songs up, because they're awesome. The other thing I was thinking about is that I was asked to DJ for a dance event over Valentine's weekend that's supposed to have a slow, sexy theme. There's a good chance I end up playing a set very similar to what I post here, so it's good for me to start having these songs collected and ready to go. Anyway, on to the mix:

1. Nina Simone - Feeling Good: Nina Simone absolutely wails on this track, and the trombones backing her, to me, are THE sound of getting down to business.
2. Asylum Street Spankers - (I Want a Little) Sugar in My Bowl: This band is mostly known for doing cheeky songs wrought with innuendo. Here, they do a great rendition of an old blues standard, but it's still wrought with innuendo. To me, it sounds like teasing and pleading for things to come.
3. Gordon Webster - Don't Go to Strangers: Gordon is actually a friend of mine, and recently, he's become an extremely popular musician to play for dancers. He's putting out two albums expressly for dancers, one slow, and one up tempo. This is the opening track to the slow album titled "Blues Till Dawn." This song was popularized by Etta Jones, but I definitely prefer Brianna Thomas's singing here. The lyrics of this song are every guy's dream. The woman sings about how we can go off and do our own thing, but if we need some lovin', don't go to strangers. Instead, come back to her, and she'll give you what you need. A very sexy track.
4. Otis Spann - The Blues Never Die: Off the album of the same name, I mostly picked this song for James Cotton's harmonica playing. The man is a monster of the blues harp.
5. Joe Beard - She's Wonderful: Joe Beard is actually a Rochester, NY local, and I just happen to be going out to hear him tonight. He's originally from Mississippi. I'd speculate that he's probably the best blues man you've never heard of. He's got a great voice and a great guitar style, and he's got another great harmonica player with him on this track. Honestly, I'd put his rendition of Hoochie Coochie Man in this spot, but he never recorded it. He only does that song live, and only infrequently. Still, his version of Hoochie Coochie Man outshines even Muddy Waters and the blues legends who've sung that song.
6. Diana Krall - My Love Is: This is an unusual song in which the only instruments are vocals, bass, and snapping. The simplicity adds up to a surprisingly sexy track as we're building up the tension a little more here.
7. Morphine - You Look Like Rain: This song kinda walks on the line between jazz, blues, and R&B. I like how the bass of the previous track passes the baton to the bass here. This actually shares a lot of similarities with the songs on Dom's list with the breathy, subdued, sexy vocals, except it's a man singing.
8. Big Mama - Why Don't You Do Right: Jessica Rabbit cemented this firmly as one of the sexiest jazz songs ever written.
9. Poppa Chubby - Sweat: Most of this guy's music is actually pretty cheesy, but he nailed a really sexy number here for when we'd be starting to work up a sweat ourselves.
10. Portishead - Glory Box: Yeah, I'm using it anyway. I think a lot of people had this song as their secret weapon. Well, the secret is out.
11. India Arie - Brown Skin: Well, if you've lasted this long, you get a gold star. I love the tension and release in this song. It's an easy pick for the peak of this mix.
12. Gordon Webster - Georgia On My Mind: I hope it's not cheating to use two songs from the same artist, but I couldn't help but pick this as my afterglow song. It's a duet between Gordon and Roland Barber on the trombone. Roland's trombone playing on this song is absolutely SICK.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:36 PM

Listening to all this new stuff with a fine young Lady is like having multiple levels of love making some so imaginative I begin to sweat while dancing around knowing she only knows I would do it again and again... just for her x
such a dear for sharing M.A.N.D.Y. right now "I Feel Space"
knowing I lust to Groove
Old 08-25-2007, 06:02 PM

I've always thought "Angel" was an exceedingly creepy, slimy song.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:13 PM

Nice posts, Mr. Wookie and Dom. I am going to try to download some of these songs later tonight, if I can find them. It will give me something to do and I can find out what you guys like in music. Thanks for the recommendations.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:26 PM

wow, great mix, Wook! I'm going to make this one immediately...now all I need is a new gal!