Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2006, 02:27 PM

Location: I\'m going to have a really long and curious location so that people will have to click on my name to see how it concludes. To anyone reading this- OWNED!
Default Idea- When do check the turn with made hands?

~~Warning, ramblings ahead~~

Okay, this post is all about mixing it up. Here's the question.

On the flop, we bet with air and we bet with nuts. We also sometimes check with air and sometimes check with the nuts. On the turn we bet with the nuts, and seldomly we double barrel with air. We also check the turn with air a lot, but when do we check the turn with a made hand? Now to clarify I am not talking about pot control. I am talking about hands where we cb with a hand (in and out of position) and then check the turn for deception purposes.

I know this probably doesn't play out to be much, but I figure the higher you go the more all of this is worth. But consider, to a good player who understands Cbs, he knows exactly what I have everytime I bet the flop and check the turn after a pfr if I don't sometimes check w/ a good hand. The only exception to this being that I sometimes check draws on the turn, but that is a big sometimes. I typically turn bet draws like 70%.

This would make me a pretty good floating target, even when my opponent is out of position.

So help me fill in some blanks in these hands. What conditions have to be in order for us to make these moves?

1st hand. Any limit as long as villian is good enough to understand cbs and float. 100 BBs, 6 max. Consider your options if you were both in and out of position.

V-limps, H-Raises 5xBB w/AK, V-Calls

Flop- Kxx

V-C, H-bet 8BBs, V-calls

or OOP

H-R-4xBB w/AK, V-call.

Flop Kxx

Hero bets Villian calls.

Now take those last two hands fill in 10 10 for hero's hand and make the Kxx, 10xx.

My question is in this 4 hands when do we check the turn and what conditions make us do so.

I will list my conditions, help me out.

For both OOP hands
-Villian has to be aggressive
-Stacks have to be that we can c/r ai.
-The other two cards on the board have to be???

(I believe that dbitel once said this was his standard line with TP OOP, to lead , c/r ai.)

For both hands that were in position.
- ?? Do we ever do this in position and why?