Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: WHICH JOEY STORY IS YOUR FAVORITE?
JOEY VS. POKERBABE 66 14.22%
JOEY VS. ALLINBOY 23 4.96%
JOEY VS. DYNASTY 50 10.78%
JOEY VS. JIMBO BRIER 21 4.53%
JOEY VS. MARK 58 12.50%
JOEY VS. MASON MALMUTH 118 25.43%
JOEY VS. ROLF SLOTBOOM 128 27.59%
Voters: 464. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2003, 04:50 AM

Default Re: THE BEST OF JOEY

[ QUOTE ]
I SAY "OH, REALLY?" AND DEAL THE RIVER CARD. IT'S THE JOKER.

[/ QUOTE ]

even though i knew this line was coming it still made me laugh out loud. kudos for dragging this one up. funny s**t...
Old 12-16-2003, 05:28 AM

I suppose this joke is long over and everyone will have some fun with this. I was the JOEYBITCH poster. Here's the story.

Posters who were on 2+2 a couple years ago will remember that JOEY BLOEY or JOEYMEISTER (or some other JOEY, there were several incarnations) was a small stakes poster who put up ludicous stories of his poker prowress, usually ending with a ridiculous bad beat put on his unsuspecting opponent. The posts were useless as far as practical poker information was concerned but gave some people laughs.

However, the poster definitely had a thing for me. Due to my "aggressive" style of posting, he labled me an obnoxious, thinks-he-knows-it-all jackass. Others have thought that too. But, this guy made it very personal with more than a dozen curse-filled, hateful posts which got taken down shortly after they went up. He also posted my home address and gave a very accurate description of seeing me walking up Flamingo road.

Usually, I just ignore these "I can't stand you, Dynasty" posts. They come up every know and then. But, in this case, I decided to fight fire with fire. So, I created JOEYBITCH to use his own tactics against him. Orignal JOEY's posts had become a daily occurence in the Small Stakes forum when Mason himself asked Orignal JOEY to move his "stories" to the newly created News, Views, and Topics category. Having had enough, I seized the opportunity to take the JOEY character away from this guy and discredit him at the same time.

Using the new JOEYBITCH monicker, I basically did the same thing Orignal JOEY did. I made some general rude comment about the poker world, created some ridiculous bad beat hand, and spiced it with some obvious crude humor. Of course, I added the "delicate" bit at the end to give it to JOEY the way he deserved to have it given to him.

The goal wasn't to offend anybody. It was simply to get even. It ended up working even better as Original JOEY left the boards almost immediately after the first week in which almost all the JOEYBITCH posts were made. It seemed the 2+2 readers liked JOEYBITCH a lot more the Original Joey. Orignal Joey tried a couple posts in response to JOEYBITCH but the fell flat.

Only a few people knew I was JOEYBITCH the whole time. Mason and Chuck Weinstock knew after a few posts. They were trying to block Orignal JOEY from posting on the forums and ended up tracing my posts. Since they knew I was the primary target of Orignal JOEY's curse-filled posts (and those were really nasty), Mason and Chuck were surprised. I told them what I was doing. Mason asked me to slow down on the posts (they were going up daily for a while) and I did so since neither Mason nor I wanted the posts to become discruptive. I told Clarkmeister and our friend D.Andrew (irregular poster) not too long afterwards. The next summer I let it slip to Mikey and David Ottosen during dinner at the Mirage.

If pokerbabe, allinboy, Jim Brier, Mark (Joey's roommate), Mason, or Rolf Slotboom were offended by the post about them, I apologize. You were never the intended target and I'd like to point out that I made sure I was a bad beat victim myself in the third JOEYBITCH post.

Surprise. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2003, 12:27 PM

I never woulda guessed it. Great stories. Made me cry I laughed so hard.
Old 12-16-2003, 05:50 PM

I suppose this joke is long over and everyone will have some fun with this. I was the JOEYBITCH poster. Here's the story.

Dude,

Nice !! You do have a sence of humor...SHOCKING [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2003, 06:23 PM

Dynasty,

WTG. I stand by my original comments when you posted this: some funny stuff. And I don't even know the people involved. I suspected it was some kind of dual-identity thing though because one rarely finds people who post in CAPITAL LETTERS who have as much wit as JOEYBITCH.

Well done.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:25 PM

Great stuff. Rkiray had said he wished Dynasty had never left. Now I understand why. Kudos to Rkiray for trying to bring someone this talented back.

I will be happy to help you in your, "Bring Joey Bitch back to the SS forum" cause in any way I can.

Priceless.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:32 PM

Dynasty,

Awesome. Absolutely awesome.

Rkiray has been looking for you to start posting again. At 1 point he blamed me for your leaving. But you haven't left you are right here!

Could you Rkiray a favor and give him some Joeybitch? Joeybitch vs Rkiray for old times sake.

The SS forum sorely needs Joeybitch's tender loving care.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:25 PM

Wow, Dynasty: nice job, really , really nice.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I stand by my original comments when you posted this: some funny stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original threads were strange. I never expected the reactions I got. The responses to the stories were much funnier for me.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:10 AM

Default BUMP

This is the funniest thread ever. I had to bump it again.