Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 06:05 PM

Default River decision

Live 4/8. Villain in hand is HJ who has been playing two cards that have either all red, all black or both red & black on them. He has been chasing with any 2 suited and 2 that can make a str8 etc. He has also tried to bluff a few times all the way to the river (unsuccesfully). He is up a few racks but is likely an overall losing player.

Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] And raises. Whole table calls! (I think that the Dealer may want to call as well as the chip runner [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) 9 kids

(17 SBs) Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Checked to Hero who bets, MP calls, HJ calls rest fold. 3 fellers

(10 BBs) Turn comes comes the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Hero bets, MP folds, HJ calls. HU

(12 BBs) River comes the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Hero bets, HJ raises, Hero? Obv I am not folding here but just call? Anyone 3 bet this one against this villain?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: River decision

Just call.

I'm guessing if he is on a total bluff then he isn't calling your 3bet. I think the only way he calls when you are winning is if he hit the 9. Plus if you get 4bet you still have to call.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:41 PM

Just call

He either has you beat or is bluffing. If you 3-bet and he calls, he will most likely have you beat. I don't think he pays off with a 9. If he had a worse A, you would have heard from him before.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:41 PM

I'd probably just call. What would his 3-bet range preflop have been (if you could hazard a guess)? Is it possible he's slow playing AJ or AQ? If so, then maybe you could raise?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:28 PM

The Ad is missing. Call.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:03 PM

definitely call, he has to be psycho to bluff here and getting 4-bet stinks.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:30 PM

I did just call, but a 3 bet naturally went through my head cause the way he had bluffed at some pots earlier in this session.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did just call, but a 3 bet naturally went through my head cause the way he had bluffed at some pots earlier in this session.

[/ QUOTE ]

and how will that help in this hand? if you 3-bet and its a bluff, he will fold - the 3-bet shows no profit against a bluff.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:56 PM

Come to think of it Whiney one, you're right.

Grassyahs
Old 09-27-2007, 02:49 AM

How is it that you have the Ace of hearts in your hand AND on the board? Bad setup perhaps?

FWIW - calling the raise looks right. He has a FH or flush here way more often than he slowplayed AQ-AT unfortunately. After all, the majority of live 4/8 players put you on AK when you raise preflop and would play the hand assuming that this is what you hold.