Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: 200NL- BlindBattle

I like the idea of calling and re-evaluating on the turn. What good is position if you don't use it when you need it?
Old 06-05-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of calling and re-evaluating on the turn. What good is position if you don't use it when you need it?

[/ QUOTE ]

How are we not using it?

So what do we do if a 6,8,T,diamond falls on the turn and villian shoves to us? fold? awesome. what if he checks to us? another free card for villian?

Honestly, We have been showing nothing but aggression against villian and I think he's sick of it. If we shove here, I think we can get called very light by any 7 and a pocket pair lower than a 7.

I think 3 bet all-in is fine with Q7 here.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:17 PM

Some very good input here!

The reason I cbet so small here is because of the board texture. I cbet smaller on paired boards than on connected boards. However, we have a 2tone board here so I'm not going to argue with ppl who recommend betting 13ish here...

I'll come back on how I played the hand later, I'd like to see how this discussion develops first [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2007, 03:27 PM

"So what do we do if a 6,8,T,diamond falls on the turn and villian shoves to us?"

IMHO... I probably fold. But that is why I am here, reading and posting in &lt;sponge-mode&gt;.

I am scared of 3 betting due to the paired board and/or fear my opponent has an overpair.

I bet 2/3 on the turn if the board blanks and my opponent checks.

As far as shoving... prob a leak in my game. I prefer to be more secure with my hand before shoving... I'd like to have more than 25 hands under my belt.

thx for the advice...
Old 06-05-2007, 03:32 PM

The fact that villian is min raising here doesn't bother anyone?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:05 PM

A lot of different opinions on this one...

At the table I thought I couldn't let the hand go after the min raise because I figured there was too big a change villain was frustrated by my aggression (and this is the perfect board to play back at right..?)

So it was either call or raise.
The problem with calling is that there are a LOT of scarecards. All overs or diamonds could put villain in the lead. And if he's bluffing here, he could very well fire another barrel on a scary turn, forcing me to fold.

So I moved in, and this is what happened...

CO ($200)
Button ($208.85)
SB ($94.80)
Hero ($282.40)
UTG ($233.75)
MP ($217.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, SB calls $6.

Flop: ($16) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $11</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $22</font>, Hero calls $280.40 (All-In), SB calls $93.80 (All-In).

Turn: ($423.20) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($423.20) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $423.20

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ah 9h (three of a kind, nines).
Hero has Qh 7h (two pair, nines and sevens).
Outcome: SB wins $247.60. Hero wins $175.60. </font>

Ooops [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2007, 07:06 PM

Shoving is far and away the worst option and should not even be considered. Fold &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Call/reevaluate &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&g t;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&g t;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&g t;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&g t;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; shove!
Old 06-05-2007, 07:37 PM

i'd just like to add that the pre-flop raise is pretty awful since we've raised his SB limp twice in a row already.

you simply leveled yourself in this hand
Old 06-05-2007, 10:18 PM

no good cards for you on turn. not a single one.

i find that not many people adjust to sb v bb and 3 handed/heads up poker and therefore you should give donkish villians more credit.. i like folding flop, shoving is very bad, calling is meh ..

edit, saw results... seems about right
Old 06-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Preflop is fine.

Shoving is also fine. He easily just could be fed up with you. Also he only has 100, not 200.

I think calling and getting it in on good turns is a little better than shoving, but I do think shoving is fine despite what some have said.