Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: No more Jman on Cardrunners?

To bad, jmans vid are one of the best on CR. I like his articles in bluff alot to. But CR is still a superb site, I'm waiting eagerly for the update Taylor mentioned.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find it amazing that everyone loves that Jman video so much, because "he explained his thought process so well".

It's a while ago, but the flow of the session that I remember from it was that he always folded to a re-raise, made a move once but gave up and pretty much won zero pots.

If you try to emulate that style, you start with a potsize raise, make your continuation bet on the flop, get re-raised and then go through your selection of 101 very good reasons to fold. No wonder that even Hellmuth called him a nit on HSP.

I am curious if he really plays like that or if it was some sort of false tell, trying to create an image so he gets more action in the future. I mean it's a pretty good investment after all. You make a vid and show the whole world how weak-tight you are and it sticks with them for months. As we all know, the secret of success is honesty. Once you can fake that, you've got it made.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong on so many levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only comment on what I saw from him so far on the vid and on Cashpoker. Aparently Hellmuth got the same read on HSP which is an amusing coincidence.

Since poker is a game of samplesize, he may very well be the most aggressive, tricky and unpredicable player on earth...
Old 09-09-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trust me. I program sites all day long. You make simple interfaces for all this stuff. Managing the content is simple. As for subscriptions/payments blah blah there are tons of ready my scripts and solutions out there that can be implemented with ease. The reason why people aren't copying the site is they aren't that good of players to make useful videos for everyone else. Anyone who wants to make videos and is as good as the CR pro's and guest feel free to contact me and we can get started on a site. I got the logo developed already.

[/ QUOTE ]

checkfold.com?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cardrunners suscribers should be upset that such a good player and teacher is no longer providing videos.

[/ QUOTE ]

He only made 1 and I am pretty sure everyone knew it may well be a 1-off. I assumed it would anyway. It's not like they touted him as a full instructor or anything.

People can be disappointed that he's not making any more videos, but I think ppl are overreacting in this thread, cause that's what people do on internet msg boards. I belong to 4 training sites currently and cardrunners is still way, way better than most, there's tons to it other than Jman.

I mean seriously, if you want to say that CR doesn't have enough variety or is getting stale, just be super super thankful you didn't join (not naming this site) or (oh my god biggest waste of money ever, not naming this site either, kill me now for joining).

(And it's so true, what is with the anti-aba sentiment in a few posts, maybe it was irony and I didn't catch it, I'm unsure. He's a very good teacher.)

[/ QUOTE ]

good post
Old 09-09-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find it amazing that everyone loves that Jman video so much, because "he explained his thought process so well".

It's a while ago, but the flow of the session that I remember from it was that he always folded to a re-raise, made a move once but gave up and pretty much won zero pots.

If you try to emulate that style, you start with a potsize raise, make your continuation bet on the flop, get re-raised and then go through your selection of 101 very good reasons to fold. No wonder that even Hellmuth called him a nit on HSP.

I am curious if he really plays like that or if it was some sort of false tell, trying to create an image so he gets more action in the future. I mean it's a pretty good investment after all. You make a vid and show the whole world how weak-tight you are and it sticks with them for months. As we all know, the secret of success is honesty. Once you can fake that, you've got it made.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong on so many levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only comment on what I saw from him so far on the vid and on Cashpoker. Aparently Hellmuth got the same read on HSP which is an amusing coincidence.

Since poker is a game of samplesize, he may very well be the most aggressive, tricky and unpredicable player on earth...

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you didn't watch any of the HU match vs boosted j
Old 09-09-2007, 10:03 AM

That is correct. I have missed all of these.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:37 PM

Jman said he played like a nit on HSP because they promised he could play on day 3 which would be a higher/softer game and didn't want to go busto.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically what I do is I first watch the last 2 minutes of a video. If in conclusion the pro says "I ended down two buyins" I watch this video as an example of what not to do. If in conclusion he says "I ended up three buyins" that's a video to learn from. Try that out.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:40 PM

Location: Im at the Red Lobster and I\'m eatin\' all the shriiimp!

A
Old 09-09-2007, 07:54 PM

Loving the vid and articles, crossing my fingers to see more of JMAN on card runners. Me thinks he would make a great addition to a good team.