Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Heroes Finale 5/21

[ QUOTE ]

the scene with simone's dad was incredible. anybody hating on that scene can suck on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right? When the dialog went:

Peter: How is this possible? Is this a vision, time travel?
Old Guy: Thats not important

What they really should have said is:

Peter: How is this possible? Is this a vision, time travel?
Old Guy: It's just a plot device Peter, try not to think too much about it.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:53 AM

Also, i believe the symbolism of the cockroach is that Sylar isn't really dead, in reference to the way he played dead in the Primatech factory to fool the doctors.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:18 AM

question:

did anyone go back and re-watch the series of images that flash in Sylar's eyes that culminate in an image of him lying still?

I'm wondering if that series of events; watched with freeze frame, etc will offer any clues to his status
Old 05-23-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But the way the events play out, it seems like the bullet to the back of the head kills him forever. That is why hiro could have easily just teleported him away and saved everybody, but after he was flung away by sylar, it was either kill peter or somehow get him out of there.

I am not saying it actually makes sense this way based on what we have seen of the healing power, but if this were an assumption, I think the whole ending makes much more sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

i may be dreaming this; but was there a scene at some point in the shows course where someone was asking when Ted (nuclear man) was 'fully charged' something like "if we shoot him; will he explode?"

i'm wondering if a bullet to the brain when peter was fully charged would have released the nuclear energy...thus the bomb
Old 05-23-2007, 09:58 AM

After thinking about it further, i'm convinced that Sylar allowed Hiro to kill him, and that he was there solely to do his part in getting Peter to blow up, not himself. This is emphasized by his comment to Peter when Peters hands started glowing: "You're the villain, i'm the Hero". His vision was probably that Peter would be the one to blow up, and so he did what he could to ensure that would happen.

The fight still sucked.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why Nathan stopped Claire from shooting Peter at the end and flew him off and committed suicide himself. Even if it was thought Peter's death would be permanent, why kill both of you instead of just Peter?

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!

"No Claire, there's another way. I'll die too for absolutely no reason so you don't have to feel bad about pulling the trigger."

W T F

[/ QUOTE ]

Because she didn't want to kill him. You all assume that a blowing out his brains wouldn't kill him, but it's never clear about that. And Peter and Claire both talk about it as if it would stop him permanently
Old 05-23-2007, 11:16 AM

I don't think I've seen it in this thread, but two coworkers I talked to said Hiro actually stopped time for the running at Sylar part. I never noticed it as I don't recall anyone in this thread doing so, but they both said it did happen, although it was very subtle. Can anyone confirm?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I've seen it in this thread, but two coworkers I talked to said Hiro actually stopped time for the running at Sylar part. I never noticed it as I don't recall anyone in this thread doing so, but they both said it did happen, although it was very subtle. Can anyone confirm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't really look like it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Cj-5c0O2o
Old 05-23-2007, 11:20 AM

I tivoed the stuff in sylars eyes and it looked liked people he had killed.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:23 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

/character mode off

If Charles had precog dream power, why did Grandma Petrelli argue with him? she must have some sort of power herself. perhaps some other fortune-telling type of deal.

also, it appears that children of heroes are likely to have powers. this opens up a lot of doors. Simone, Nathan's kids, etc. (edit: Parkman's unborn child)

the graphic novel alluded to the connection between linderman and petrelli sr. could petrelli sr have some sort of power? perhaps acquired when linderman healed him? it would make sense that petrelli sr and mrs. petrelli would have hero-kids if both of them had powers.

the finale was a letdown, but i don't think it was lame. the buildup to the finale was too great. we all expected fireworks.

/character mode on
Old 05-23-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't really look like it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Cj-5c0O2o

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that's the point. Sylar could have easily stopped it, he knew it would happen because of the comics and his own powers. He probably saw a future with him living and he saw the sword go through him in the comic and figured...wtf I'll live.