Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2006, 02:08 AM

Default Difficult QQ hand...

I feel like I get killed when I either lead the flop normally or when I try to induce bluffs...this is against curzdog on stars...I have been pretty active preflop, but not against him, against some donkey, and mostly just in my initial raising, my 3betting range is prety tight, so he knows I most likely have either AA or QQ given this action I guess, though I'd probably play JJ this way...meh

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $20 BB (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Hero ($4368)
BB ($4651)
UTG ($390)
UTG+1 ($3110)
MP1 ($4120)
MP2 ($2486)
CO ($2400)
Button ($3705)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $80</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $240</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $160.

Flop: ($500) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($500) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $440</font>, Hero calls $440.

River: ($1380) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $1806 (All-In)</font>
Old 03-16-2006, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Difficult QQ hand...

fwiw, my 3betting range out of the blinds is pretty large when a late position player opens, but less so when it's someone coming in from the middle...
Old 03-16-2006, 02:18 AM

I don't see you being ahead here very often...especially with that &gt;PSB on the river. Then again, I don't know curz.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:40 AM

I think it reeks of AK trying to look suspicious, because he knows a normal value bet isn't getting called. Maybe he thinks KQs is slightly in your range, but that's pushing it.

(Or, hell, quads)
Old 03-16-2006, 03:06 AM

Against curzdog I fold here. I would probably lead out on the flop or turn to put the heat on him and make sure he actually likes his hand as opposed to just playing against your weakness/passivity.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my 3betting range is prety tight, so he knows I most likely have either AA or QQ given this action

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, my 3betting range out of the blinds is pretty large when a late position player opens, but less so when it's someone coming in from the middle...

[/ QUOTE ]
so raise more preflop. if it's gonna give your hand away anyway, might as well make it really expensive, at least 300+.

or, don't 3bet. i bet tommy angelo doesn't reraise QQ from the blinds.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:42 AM

Can you explain your turn check? I like the flop check, but the turn check makes it hard to play since you miss out on value and check-calling him down isn't optimal given board and pot size.

The turn I think is an easy call, and I think the river is an easy fold. However, it's an ugly spot since it doesn't make sense to block the river, which is why I think leading the turn sets up the river to play much more easily.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:12 AM

the poor play is preflop imo. why do you want to hike up the pot when your basically giving away what hand youve got and you'll be out of position. if your trying to take it down raise more preflop so he's not getting odds with a pocket pair to take down an overpair to the board when it comes. also, he knows he in position and knows your hand JJ-AA so you fold equity shoots down.

flat call preflop. disguise your hand.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:23 AM

id prob call that motherfvcker.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the poor play is preflop imo. why do you want to hike up the pot when your basically giving away what hand youve got and you'll be out of position. if your trying to take it down raise more preflop so he's not getting odds with a pocket pair to take down an overpair to the board when it comes. also, he knows he in position and knows your hand JJ-AA so you fold equity shoots down.

flat call preflop. disguise your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
some1 start a poll so we can vote on wheher this is a gimmick acct.