Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 08:35 PM

Default middle pair plus missed fd river decision

Literally first hand of the seeion so no reads or stats yet.

Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.00 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.00 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (10.00 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero?? </font>

Is betting totally wrong? Anyone check call?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: middle pair plus missed fd river decision

Sb has often a better TX or a weak K and there is no many worst hands which can call. CO can check with JJ, So betting is wrong imo.

If CO bets and SB fold I call, if CO call I fold, not sure it is the best line tough.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:12 PM

I'd check behind and hope CO checks behind something a busted flush or broadway draw. If CO bets and SB overcalls, then there's not much we beat. It's a large pot though, and we have no reads, plus we're last to act, so I'd probably overcall in this large pot and hope to see some medium pps and take some notes.

If SB folds to a CO bet, then I'm calling.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:03 PM

I would bet the flop here. Whether I bet/3bet or bet/call depends on action. Given that you checked, check/raising here is fine. You have an equity advantage and you could still have the best hand and you make life hard for QQ/JJ.

Turn is standard.

River: I would check/evaluate. I dont see any value to a bet here and no better hand is folding.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check behind and hope CO checks behind something a busted flush or broadway draw. If CO bets and SB overcalls, then there's not much we beat. It's a large pot though, and we have no reads, plus we're last to act, so I'd probably overcall in this large pot and hope to see some medium pps and take some notes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overcalling the river in this spot is burning money.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have no reads, and we're getting 11:1. Slightly -EV perhaps, but I wouldn't say it's burning money.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have no reads, and we're getting 11:1. Slightly -EV perhaps, but I wouldn't say it's burning money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having no reads in this spot is an argument for folding, not an argument for calling.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:41 AM

bet the flop please,with 4 people co won't always make a continuation bet and you don't want it to be checked around. if you get raised you can sometimes jam it depending on the situation. on the river, you should check as others said. i'm co bets and sb folds, i'm probably indifferent to calling or folding. at the table i'd probably fold but that's because i'm a nit.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:21 AM

Cheers for your responses. What other sort of situations should i be donking the flop in? I very very rarely do it except with a monster against someone who is too aggro.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:28 PM

time to yam the flop, you have a pair+fd, how can you accomplish this is to donk it yo
check riva