Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Live $5-5 NL - Straight/Straight Flush Draw Possibilities - play how?

Live $5-5 NL. I am CO with about $500. Largest stack at the table is the Button with around $900. Other players average $200-300. This is a rather loose table.

UTG raises to $25 (standard raise for this table). One caller, I call with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button calls, small blind calls, all others fold.

Flop comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG bets $25, one player calls, and I should???

Obviously a very good flop for me but I am worried about a higher flush draw...
Old 10-20-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Live $5-5 NL - Straight/Straight Flush Draw Possibilities - play how?

You flop the nut straight with an open ended straight flush draw and you are worried about someone maybe having a higher flush draw (5 outs)? Why exactly where you playing 46s in the first place if you aren't trying to maximize the number of chips getting in post flop? You should be raising whatever amount makes it easiest to get the most chips into the middle right now. This is a super easy play, bet sizing is dependant on reads, if they will call a push then your move is to push. Stop playing scared.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Live $5-5 NL - Straight/Straight Flush Draw Possibilities - play h

$100
Old 10-20-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Live $5-5 NL - Straight/Straight Flush Draw Possibilities - play how?

I didn't post what I actually did earlier because I was unsure of my play, i.e., I got criticized at the table for what I actually did. They were telling me that I should of just smooth called and then I would have drawn in more players.

I did raise - I raised $50. I got one caller (the UTG player).

I do worry about higher flush draws because this table is so loose and they basically bet with Ax from any position. If a non-straight flush heart had come on the turn, what exactly could I have done had the UTG come out betting?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:22 PM

On a non straight flush heart, I would continue calling it down. These situations are where reads can be very important, but after this flop I am felting this hand unless I have some extremely strong evidence to the contrary.

The rest of the table is wrong here, while slow playing is an option and it should be used every now and then, the correct way to build a big pot is to add to the pot on every street.