Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 12:22 PM

Default live 1-2 hand

I played some live 1-2 ($300 max) this weekend at the Borgata. These games are sickly soft, so weak its incredible. I basically played over 70% of hands dealt in 3 hours, mostly b/c no one raised pre-flop, and I bet a lot and won alot without ever seeing turns showing cards. My image is active aggro guy, but for anyone paying attention anytime the pots got big and I was calling/making big bets I had a big hand. I've been raising/opening a lot of pots and taking down bunches of em with flop cbets. I have about $800 or so.

ANYHOO, I'd been playing approx 2 hours when this hand came up. One ep limper, then a tight passive guy (TPG) raises to $15 in the CO. TPG had earlier overlimped in LP with KcQc, then overcalled an already overcalled PSB on a Kd 5c 6c board. I'm not sure if he was slowplaying or scared, but that's the way he played it.

I'm in the BB with Ac 9c and I call.

3 to the flop for $46: Ad Ah 2s

I bet $20. This was a bit smaller that my usual flop bets but I felt if I got action it wasn't good action anyhoo the limper folds and the TPG calls quickly.

The turn is the 4h. I check and he bets $30 and I call.

The river is the Jh. I check. He thinks for a few moments and pushes for $175.

I?

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: live 1-2 hand

I like the flop donk, though I'd probably make it 30. Turn c/c is ok. River seems like a must fold. He's got a better A or just filled up with JJ, I think.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:47 PM

Either he got lucky and hits his fullhouse on the river or he is bluffing the river and wants to push you out of the hand
Old 03-26-2007, 02:00 PM

I fold preflop against a tight passive. His range dominates us way too often. I think you're very rarely good on the river here. I fold.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:20 PM

I probably fold pre-flop considering I will be OOP the entire hand AND a player that I view as both tight and passive is raising here. As played, I don't know that I bet this flop. Generally speaking, I only expect a lot of action from players with an A here, right? Maybe people with a decent pp will continue on, but not sure. I suppose if your image is LAGgy, the table probably doesn't think you ever have the goods, so betting makes a lot of sense.

Any reason not to bet the turn here? Are we trying to induce a bluff? If so, we got the action we wanted, right? So we have to call the river here, right?

Err...maybe not.

In general, it sounds like your bread & butter has been running over the table when you take the lead betting but getting away from big pots unless you have a big hand. TPG is representing a hand that beats yours here. Have you seen any evidence that TPG would make this play with a hand worse than yours? Sounds like a fold.

I don't think that this game with this particular opponent should warrant too much trickery. Generally speaking, weak tight players won't commit money without the goods, right?

If you didn't fold here, what did he show?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:43 PM

why bet the flop?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:46 PM

I dont like the flop bet, and I probably fold the river.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:08 PM

I dont like call PF against a tight player. A9 OOP vs. tight opponents is not good and leads to this post.

Youre in a live game, you should have at least some kind of read on him. Any signs of strength at all?

You bet out on the flop and got smooth called by PFR. Unless he's floating youre probably smoked. Time for some pot control.

I like the check call on the turn.

On the river, look at it from his view. You bet the flop, and check call the turn. He most likely puts you on an ace, and pushes all in anyway. So what are the chances youre not beat?

I think its a fold, He probably has AJ/AQ/AK
Old 03-26-2007, 03:09 PM

oh and dont listen to anyone who says dont bet the flop, leading out into the raiser there is a world class play
Old 03-26-2007, 03:13 PM

a player you describe as tight passive raised preflop and has put money in on every street, pushing the river.

i fold.