Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who was the guy from Minnesota in 20 Commerce game!?

[/ QUOTE ]

description?

[/ QUOTE ]

Young guy, 20ish, red hat, big headphones, white guy, who had a friend playing 60. Looked like a total grinder heh, thats why i asked him if he was out of town.

[/ QUOTE ]

dave runs sick good, commerce is the greatest place in the world IMO.

Two hands from my trip (i was the friend playing 60)

100-200 limited holdem.

Im in the sb with the 33, folded to button who decides to open limp.

i complete bb check, flop 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
i bet bb folds button calls
turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] i bet button calls.
river K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] i bet, button raises, i three bet, button CALLS.

button tables 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

100 200

Guy opens in the CO i three bet A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the sb. BB folds CO folds, thank you for the dollars.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread - Question?

Another hand that felt great. 1 solid opener in lp, I 3-bet JJ otb both terrible blinds call.

Flop:J26r

both check, I bet both call.

turn:Qd putting up fd

check, bb bets, I raise, sb calls 2 and bb calls.

Rivar: Kx

check, bb donks again I hesitate and raise, muck call. I win.

Sb: AQ bb: KQ
Old 08-28-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW does anybody know the guy who likes to wear Tommy Bahama shirts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, a guy wearing Tommy Bahama shirt at the Commerce! Was he Persian?

Couple or three limpers. I have T9s in CO. Think about raising but limp. Button, a guy wearing a Tommy Bahama shirt, raises. Four people call. I 3-bet. Button caps. 6-way. 24 small bets.

Flop KJ9r. It's checked around.

After hand, I ask the Tommy Bahama shirt guy what he had. He says "77. I was trying to knock people out."
Old 08-28-2007, 08:39 AM

commerce 20 game

one limper i raise 77 button and sb call, bb(super retardo) 3 bets all call

flop AA7r

i go 5 bets on the off suit 3 turn to put retardo all in

river 3 so board is AA733......... he mucks

I didnt run sick good on the last day of trip unless losing 1700 at 20 40 in 6 hours is good. First loss since 94.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:12 AM

For once some [censored] justice in poker. Was like 2.5 racks winner playing 40, got Crazy Mike to come and play, everyone starts drooling on themselves because when a fish shows up they need to play bad to fit in so of course I lose like 2.49 racks before he leaves. Then somehow I win it all back playing super short.

I've been informed that my hands are sometimes "random and crazy" so here is one that might fit into one of those categories. It also fits under the category that someone mentioned a while ago about me somehow getting a ton of bets in in absolutely logic defying spots and then having me have a winner.

Like 6 handed Texas Holdem Hi with no qualifier 40/80
Fold to me on the button and I raise K9 with one heart and one diamond, Mike L 3bets sb and fold to me I call

Flop 369 two hearts
He bets I call

Turn 6 putting two diamonds also
Mike bet/3bet, I 4bet, he calls

River 8 of hearts which is a real bad card for me and it goes check check and mhig

There was another one I wanted to post but I forgot it so maybe later.

I also lost a $100 bet to Crazy Mike. He had his chips stacked in such a way that it looked like there were 2 rows where there was only 1 row. He bet me $100 that he had less than a certain amount and from the angle I was sitting at I was roughly 200% sure that he had substantially more. I was not so happy when I realized the one row situation. Even with that oversight I just barely lost.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:41 AM

nice hand, sir. 4-betting against a 3-bet semi-bluff must feel sweet.

All of you take notice at HOWMANY's spectacular play and emulate and you shall profit.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:01 PM

This is brutal, I keep the absolute worst records of my play. I have like 10 sessions written down on a little notecard that is super faded and practically turning into dust. Then like half a dozen after that that I have in my head. I know the exact dollar amount for the ones in my head but the hours played are a bit shaky.

Maybe halfassed work like this is why I do so bad in school. Also that I spend half the week in a different city playing poker.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:05 PM

FW 20
Hand 1:
Spewy LAG raises UTG, I 3-bet AK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], HU.

Flop: QT3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I b/3b/5b. Villain 6-bets me and I finally realize I'm not getting a free card and that my over outs are not good =/.

Turn and River blank off, I fold.

A few hands later...
Hand 2:
Observant TAG raises UTG, SB calls, Hero calls 98 in BB [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop: J94 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I donk, TAG raises, SB folds, I 3-bet, Villain 4-bets. I call.

Turn: blank
I c/c.

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check. Villain bets, I raise. Villain stands up and screams "MY GAWD. YOU CAN'T HAVE PUT IN A BAJILLION BETS WITH JUST A DRAW AGAIN!" He throws in his call. I turn over my hand and said "I did, but I has a pair."
Old 08-28-2007, 12:25 PM

I feel like a degen now, 775 hours played since January. I'm sure a lot of people have played a lot more hours, but January-May I basically only had 2 days per week to play and I have been slacking off the past few weeks as well because playing when you are getting raped every day is no fun at all.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, a guy wearing Tommy Bahama shirt at the Commerce! Was he Persian?

[/ QUOTE ]Nah, he's your typical, non-denominational white guy. Big, but looks like he's lost weight since I last saw him a few months ago. I asked because he almost always wears a red button-down rayon-ish shirt with Tommy Bahama splashed across the back. Sometimes he wears a TB T-shirt underneath. Either he works for the company or is trying to get himself a poker nickname.

I've played with him before and he's very laggro preflop and has FPS postflop. He was basically raising with any two from any position if folded to him and the table was pretty much letting him run over them. I was two to his left and was isolating the hell out of him.

One hand I 3bet him with AQ or something. Flop was K-rags, turn was a rag. He check-raised and I folded. Other than that I think I won every pot when we were heads up. He was getting visibly upset by my 3-betting, but still kept folding to my flop bets--which is unfortunate because I kept flopping monsters.

Final hand he opened EP with K7s, I 3-bet with A7o. When he sat to my right I told myself that I was going to be very liberal with my 3-betting range against him, but I kept getting dealt great hands. This was only the second time I could really dig deep into the weak-cards-that-are-still-ahead-of-his-range well and 3-bet (Q7s also qualifies). Flop was K-rags, he c/c. Turn was an Ace, he c/c. River was a blank and he c/c again. Seeing that I 3-bet him with a lowly A7o and caught him on the turn was the final straw and he changed seats to the other side of the table. As he got up someone asked if he was leaving and he said, "No, changing seats. This guy is getting toooooo lucky."

Anyway, boring I guess, but I thought it was interesting that he folded almost every time to my flop continuation bet, and wondered if anyone knew who he was and if this was standard for him when played back at.
Closed Thread