Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Very interesting situation

[ QUOTE ]
this is interesting, of course we all know how easily AA can be cracked in plo, my advice would to avoid this situation completely and play in a game where the players are taking the game seriously. my vote is never go all in preflop in plo, this is not to say i would not have done the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+ material.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:01 AM

thats sure everyone's game but if you can bet with 60% of winning and you dont, you are wasting some money
and i dont see any *lame* to set up looser
all in preflop with AA
except deep stakes as said
thats all
Old 07-26-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if he's just raising at every possible opportunity, and you're even semi-bankrolled for it, i'd just get it in real light with him PF (he's got a random hand everytime, any 2 broadway hand or better i think i'd just get it in with no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's just dumb. omaha hand values. pot limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I dont get it. So you shouldnt get it in pf if you think you're getting it w/ an edge? i realize edges are much smaller pf in omaha, but they still exist right?? The guy is getting it in blind pf, and probably won't pot-repot non-stop after the flop when he can see that his hand has little-no shot.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is interesting, of course we all know how easily AA can be cracked in plo, my advice would to avoid this situation completely and play in a game where the players are taking the game seriously. my vote is never go all in preflop in plo, this is not to say i would not have done the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+ material.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah quality advise if you dont like money.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A+ material.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah quality advise if you dont like money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. So you're never better than a 60/40 pf in PLO, we understand that; however, mathematically, you are still ahead by 20% when you are holding AAxx, not getting all your money in preflop when you can is simply being "scared money." If you don't think this way, you are playing too high for you BR and need to move down.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:09 PM

is it cheating to go to propokertools and check if your hand beats a random hand all in preflop? This is what I would do if I was unsure.

You might have a bit better of an edge just calling sometimes in position, depends if he is going to play badly postflop or not. I would just play the pots preflop though and have some fun.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I dont get it. So you shouldnt get it in pf if you think you're getting it w/ an edge? i realize edges are much smaller pf in omaha, but they still exist right?? The guy is getting it in blind pf, and probably won't pot-repot non-stop after the flop when he can see that his hand has little-no shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just a small edge you have, it's a tiny little edge and some of the time (if you widen your range that much) you won't even have an edge. I thought it was clear that he was all potting everything postflop too, but even if he wasn't it doesn't really change things. Of course I would get all in with aces, kings, and big AKQJ type hands where our edge is probably 60/40 ish. But less than that, what's the point? Let him raise preflop everytime and pot every flop. Instead getting the whole stack in as a 53/47 favorite or whatever, howbout get a small portion of our stack in preflop with the same edge and then get the rest in as a huge favorite or a lock postflop.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:32 PM

well the guy plays much better than OP postflop (apparently) so you can't expect to have much of an edge there even if you select your hands better. OP doesn't mention him potting every hand postflop.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 PM

mmk maybe i just assumed he was