Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2006, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Really F-d up situation I have found myself in...(long)

[ QUOTE ]
Although don't do it in MA; I don't know the law in Colorado but I'm sure it's more friendly to you as a victim than MA. If I understand it correctly, someone can break into your house in MA and you can shoot them and go to jail for murder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man MA is the most [censored] up state ever.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
File a restraining order and then disappear. They guy is a nutcase. Is your life worth it?

Seriously. Move and make sure he can't find you. I'd make sure the gf does the same thing. Change your name if you have to. Based on what he's done he's the type to take it to the next level. Either be prepared to defend yourself always or make yourself unavailable. Expecting the police to protect you is a recipie for disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

This, and similar responses, is giving up way too easily. Joe said his girlfriend just now bothered to call the police - after 13 years. Bullies and morons like this will go unchecked if they aren't confronted, but typically a nice chat with the local PD, or with your nine iron, will give them pause. If he still doesn't get the picture after that, I would try to provoke him into attacking me so I could shoot him. Although don't do it in MA; I don't know the law in Colorado but I'm sure it's more friendly to you as a victim than MA. If I understand it correctly, someone can break into your house in MA and you can shoot them and go to jail for murder.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree that it's crucial to understand the CO laws on this before proceeding with this plan. Odds are, with all the threatening voicemails and history, you'd be ok if you killed this guy in your house, but I'd check that first.

Wow... I'm sorry to hear you've got this crap going on. I guess I'm not of much help other than to parrot the previous posters. Get your restraining orders and make it clear to him that he has to stop doing this [censored].

How far removed is her family from Laos? Is she first/second generation here? These things can be difficult sometimes, as a lot of these communities tend to be very close-knit and have problems when people start dating other Americans outside their ethnicity. You may be perceived as a threat to those members of her family who just want her to stick to "her kind" even if you get along well with her family on a personal level. I dated a Dominican girl pretty seriously for about three years in college and experienced a bit of this myself. It wasn't so much that they had a problem with me being white and they all seemed to like me, but I certainly didn't fit in very well with her very close network of family and friends. It became clear that a lot of people would prefer to see her end up with another hispanic (which I heard she did). When I was growing up, I was also friends/aquaintances with some Laosian kids and I know their family and ethnic community was very close and tended to stick to themselves.

Long distance relationships are tough. I've done it twice myself, once with the Dominican girl and once with my now wife (you can make it work). Are there plans for one or both of you to move in the foreseeable future and get rid of the "long distance" part?
Old 02-20-2006, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
File a restraining order and then disappear. They guy is a nutcase. Is your life worth it?

Seriously. Move and make sure he can't find you. I'd make sure the gf does the same thing. Change your name if you have to. Based on what he's done he's the type to take it to the next level. Either be prepared to defend yourself always or make yourself unavailable. Expecting the police to protect you is a recipie for disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

This, and similar responses, is giving up way too easily. Joe said his girlfriend just now bothered to call the police - after 13 years. Bullies and morons like this will go unchecked if they aren't confronted, but typically a nice chat with the local PD, or with your nine iron, will give them pause. If he still doesn't get the picture after that, I would try to provoke him into attacking me so I could shoot him. Although don't do it in MA; I don't know the law in Colorado but I'm sure it's more friendly to you as a victim than MA. If I understand it correctly, someone can break into your house in MA and you can shoot them and go to jail for murder.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course the morgue is filled with people who think like this.

You'll let your guard down one day and he'll wait for either you or the gf late one night and shoot you in the back of the head. My sister has been working in law enforcement for years and she sees this sort of stuff all the time. If you don't take it seriously you'll end up crippled or dead.

Joe when you move to So Cal make sure he can't track you. Let everyone you know about it so they don't innocently tell him or someone else your new address or phone number.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh man that pic is horriblee

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that looks worse than the original post! Yikes.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:32 PM

break up with this chick
Old 02-20-2006, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
break up with this chick

[/ QUOTE ]

i honestly think this is the correct advice. sad, but true. you're a gambler joe, this relationship just might be -LV. it sucks that some douchebag ex has to ruin your [censored], but let's be logical here.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
break up with this chick

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than pussy man syndrome, what are your reasons?
Old 02-20-2006, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My roommate stepped outside to smoke a cigarette yesterday and two Asian guys stepped out of a car and asked him if they knew Joe and he said no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the car look like this:

Old 02-20-2006, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My roommate stepped outside to smoke a cigarette yesterday and two Asian guys stepped out of a car and asked him if they knew Joe and he said no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the car look like this:

[/ QUOTE ]

gold