Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Dexter 11/25

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how Dexter possibly explains the gunshot wound when he was supposedly inside of his house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Decent chance he patches it up himself and plays it off as some other type of wound/pulled muscle. No one should have cause to take a close look, especially not the feds. After all, Dexter never left his house as far as they know.

[ QUOTE ]
I also have no idea how the Doakes thing is resolved. I think that it is obvious that Dexter isn't going to kill him, especially since the previews made it look like he was about to kill him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, yeah, the [censored] with Doakes was incredibly cheesy abd I thought Dexter was going to somehow have to reason with him or distract him in the car forcing a car accident or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think it was bad. Not particularly strong, but from Doakes' perspective you have to consider:

1) this is the biggest moment of his law career. He is probably not at his sharpest. Likely his head is spinning with elation of victory, pure amazement that Dexter is the BHB, and most important, knowing that he is about to be vindicated. It's dawning on him, as he's seeing Dexter put the handcuffs on, that everyone who thought he was crazy, all the people that didn't support him were WRONG, and he was right.
2) it was already established that killing Dexter is out of the question. (he should've headbutted revenge style)
3) he feels like he has the upper hand big time. Dexter is in handcuffs, after all. Doakes was confused/surprised by Dexter coming at him. i.e not particularly threatened. This is perhaps not the most likely or realistic possibility, but it's not strange either. Doakes is not lacking in confidence.

Put all that together and you have a reasonable explanation for Doakes' hesitation.

Dexter successfully reasoning with Doakes would've been far weaker imo. Dexter might be able to threaten Doakes, for example, but Doakes doesn't seem like the type to reason with Dexter. A car accident thingy would've been OK, but it's been done so many times.