Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 07:57 PM

Default AHK: how to read PokerStars Lobby? ( source code reward or maybe cash)

Is it possible to read PokerStars Lobby? (no pixelsearch, no imagesearch because I hate them).
I tried the ControlGet,, List but I cannot get any number or string from it.

If someone can post a function (no pixel/image search) to read the lobby I'll repair and post source code for PokerStars Table Opener (SNG and Cash).

In case it's a secret knowledge we can make a financial deal...

As I anticipate datamining issue: no it's not for datamining. I'll ask PokerStars how many tables the script can open then and put there the limit (or 20 tables if they don't give out specific number - as usual).
In fact opening every table that is in lobby is very easy task. But as I said - this is not for datamining. This is for limited table opening.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: AHK: how to read PokerStars Lobby? ( source code reward or maybe c

AS I have said before (amd is I'm sorry most delayed) I will fix up the SNG opener soon.

Problems with another experimental script causing lifetilt right now and I need to figure out what the hell is wrong with it before I can concentrate on anything!

And lol, if only it was easy as ControlGet,,List etc... that is the only regard in which Party / FTP are better than Stars imo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As is - ImageSearch or similar is required.

Also as I have previously posted, myself I have a cash game opener.. I just don't want it out there until Stars sorts out the datamining issue. Saying that, if someone posted one and charged for it I'd obv. release mine straight away to avoid ppl being ripped off.. but in the current state I don't want to be the one introducing such technology to the public that can so easily be abused against Stars TOS.

To do so imo jeopardizes the use of any AHK, and I consider that an unacceptable risk.

Basically, Stars needs to sort out their policy / enforcement for a cash agme opener to be viable imo.

dave.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:27 PM

Dave, I sent to your email a working script that reads the player lists on stars. Right now, that is all it does (gather the player list of all tables). It is a little bit faster than previously as I optimized the ReadArea function specifically for stars. Anymore optimization would be overkill as the script can read the list faster than the next list loads from stars server..
Old 11-01-2007, 11:02 PM

Awesome- Will check it once I wake up.. about to sleep now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I hope Stars respond to my email Re: Datamining concerns... it is a horrible situation we are in right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

^^^ also, my lifetilt is related to the Win32 GDI functions... I think i found a fix for the problem I have been encountering.... (certainly improved matters since yesterday) - but I need to put in a multi K hand session tomorrow to be sure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope Stars respond to my email Re: Datamining concerns... it is a horrible situation we are in right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are Stars trying to ban AHK or something?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, def. not.

They were good enough to explicitly allow it on their recent update to the "Allowed / Prohibited Software" list, within limits.

Mainly because of such, I'm not too keen to push the envelope of acceptable use of AHK.

A table opener is imo fine - but a table opener combined with HH grabber is obviously over the line - and enhances the functionality of HH grabber massively (no need to manually tend the tables) therefore my lack of desire to publish at this time.

They need to sort out their IHH window... datamining is ostensibly "against the rules" - but can be done with nothing more complicated than copy/paste from open tables as an observer...

So honest ppl who obey the TOS go without, others datamine at will creating a market for illicit HHF files... not the best situation.

The annoying thing is that Stars *know* you are observing HHF - they do not write mucked hands for observed - I just wish they would either say "Yes, it is fine to observe HHF" or alternatively reduce the oibserved HHF to summary or whatever so this would not be a tricky situation for us people who like to publish code [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

dave.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, def. not.

They were good enough to explicitly allow it on their recent update to the "Allowed / Prohibited Software" list, within limits.

Mainly because of such, I'm not too keen to push the envelope of acceptable use of AHK.

A table opener is imo fine - but a table opener combined with HH grabber is obviously over the line - and enhances the functionality of HH grabber massively (no need to manually tend the tables) therefore my lack of desire to publish at this time.

They need to sort out their IHH window... datamining is ostensibly "against the rules" - but can be done with nothing more complicated than copy/paste from open tables as an observer...

So honest ppl who obey the TOS go without, others datamine at will creating a market for illicit HHF files... not the best situation.

The annoying thing is that Stars *know* you are observing HHF - they do not write mucked hands for observed - I just wish they would either say "Yes, it is fine to observe HHF" or alternatively reduce the oibserved HHF to summary or whatever so this would not be a tricky situation for us people who like to publish code [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, it was just when I read that sentence I wondered if Stars had done something... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I agree it seems a bit silly to ban datamining, but then leave it so that ridiculously simple copy/paste type methods still work. I don't think there is much they can do to stop dedicated dataminers from getting the data, but they could prolly make it much harder if they tried. All I can think is perhaps they keep it like this for rail-birds to copy interesting hands to forums?

Old 11-03-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree it seems a bit silly to ban datamining the way PokerStars does it and then leave it so that ridiculously simple copy/paste type methods still work.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP. Banning data mining is a good thing but I don't understand why PokerStars allows you to open gazillion tables... seems like they use it as an excuse to ban sw they don't like.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:01 PM

ok Dave, I don't wanna bunch of schmucks data mining 1795 tables all night long so let's make things clear up.

If "someone" releases a program (compiled script) that opens top most 20 tables from the lobby and then sells this program for 20 bucks then you release PokerStars Table Opener that will open 20 tables max.

Correct? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BTW. if you implement it like Loop, 20 there aren't many people that will be able to increase that limit even with the open source. Plus add something within the loop and you are safe.

[ QUOTE ]
AS I have said before (amd is I'm sorry most delayed) I will fix up the SNG opener soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
yup, but if I could use ControlGet,, List the script would be already working.
I know you don't have time to do everything ... that's the main reason for open source concept.

[ QUOTE ]
Basically, Stars needs to sort out their policy / enforcement for a cash agme opener to be viable imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's in their interest because I could play 1 or 2 tables more if I wouldn't be disturbed by all that tables pop-ing and requiring my attention to sit in.
I think everybody could. Not counting the effect on the speed of the game...

[ QUOTE ]
the Win32 GDI functions... I think i found a fix for the problem I have been encountering....

[/ QUOTE ]
aren't you going to share the problem (and solution)?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A

Also as I have previously posted, myself I have a cash game opener.. I just don't want it out there until Stars sorts out the datamining issue. Saying that, if someone posted one and charged for it I'd obv. release mine straight away to avoid ppl being ripped off.. but in the current state I don't want to be the one introducing such technology to the public that can so easily be abused against Stars TOS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave,

There is a cash game opener that someone is charging for:

Link