bet/call 5 41.67%
bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

ok, my thought process...

Preflop: My thought process is kinda weak. I'm not exactly sure, but if I had to guess I'd say I'd been very quiet with 3-betting. When I get called. He mostly has pairs, and maybe something like AK/AQ. A lot of these guys over defend against 3-bets, even oop. But, I don't have that specific read here. It's also important to note that I run somewhere around 27/22/3.

Flop: I'll often just check this flop. But, I figure he has AK/AQ here enough that a c-bet isn't bad. I figure it I'm called, he has a PP and I'm done with the hand.

The min c/r was just so fishy to me. I do believe he has a better hand them me. I think his entire preflop calling range is ahead of A9. So, obviously folding is not bad and probably the best line.

However, I also don't think a really strong hand c/r. I think this bet was a combination of protecting a hand that is at risk to overs coming and cheaply seeing where he's at. A donk on this flop would have got that done much cheaper for him.

So, based on my thoughts above, I figured a float would be effective and was planning on shoving if checked to. Of course, that is what happened.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:28 PM

Thanks - it's always good to understand the different thought processes as you go up in limits.

[ QUOTE ]
However, I also don't think a really strong hand c/r. I think this bet was a combination of protecting a hand that is at risk to overs coming and cheaply seeing where he's at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok - this is a big difference from the micro limits. They love to c/r big hands, and it's even more likely to be a big hand when they just put in the min-raise.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:30 PM

Peopla that are smooth calling Dev's hand... what's your reasoning behind it? Doesnt it make playing TP hard?
Old 09-19-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Peopla that are smooth calling Dev's hand... what's your reasoning behind it? Doesnt it make playing TP hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will do it (at the micro levels) with position if villain is tight but has a low AF. If villain checks the flop I'll bet, if he bets I'll fold unless I flop something I want to continue with.

Top pair you would have to play carefully but having position makes that easier to accomplish.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:08 PM

Hey guys, here is a basic article in my blog about playing AK preflop against a 3-bet. Plz leave comments!

http://isurapoker.com/poker-theory/i-hate-ak
Old 09-19-2007, 05:36 PM

I think any pocket pair > 3 is likely here. There's some chance that it's a low one and he's end up checking the turn. Some chance he'll bet it anyway. Some chance he has a big pocket pair and will either bet or check/call the turn. I think calling the flop is anywhere from ok to bad depending on reads and history. Given no reads or history it's probably close to neutral. Once he checks, the turn shove is pretty clearly +EV.

This is definitely one of those hands that I would rarely play this way, but once in a while you get the feeling it's likely to work.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:42 PM

Everyone ignore my hand. I haven't found anyone that likes it.

Everyone must suck, cause it worked [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2007, 07:47 PM

original raiser is fishy, bought in for 1/2 a stack and is the reason im at this table. SB doughdebase, a v. aggro multi-tabling reg who usually plays higher, not sure how good he is though.How are you guys playing this flop?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $530.00
Hero (BB): $420.00
UTG: $382.90
MP: $534.80
CO: $516.20
BTN: $374.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $16.00</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $14.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $68.00</font>, UTG calls $52.00, SB calls $52.00

Flop: ($204) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks,
Old 09-19-2007, 07:51 PM

betting for value. A lot of pps will look u up on the flop.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:56 PM

calling a shove/shoving any turn? b/c a bet of like $140 leaves me w/ like $212 behind in a $480+ pot if called