Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 03:03 PM

Default How bad is this? ATo BB vs UTG pfr

This is the first orbit at the table for UTG. So far he has done nothing to stand out, either good or bad, and I'm not even gonna post the stats. The table as a whole has been playing like what I like to describe as "Euro-tight". Not very much limping, and when someone does limp, it's usually something solid, with pfr including things like JTs+, 88+. People will cc rather than threebang it with premium hands. Postflop is a lot of c-bets and overplaying onepr hands. I really don't like this, but I'm not sure, so I thought I'd get some other eyes to look at it.

-Jaran

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 8 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4.4SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3.2BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.2BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, planning to trey a raise and fold to a cap.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: How bad is this? ATo BB vs UTG pfr

I like the b/3b line but I think you have to call a cap in a large pot vs an unknown.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:26 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont really like it. If this table is tight as you say an UTG raise from someone who understands position(which they may not) is a bad sign for a10. If they don't understand position but are passive this is also bad. Either way there is a pretty good chance you are dominated and out of position.

On the flop you go into WA/WB mode. OK, well the only thing you are ahead of here is AQ, AJ, but they have a 7 outs to beat you, which isn't really way ahead. However, given the preflop raise and the board you are very behind to quite a bit(AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK,TT). So this is half of the equation. But you wouldn't be here if you folded preflop. Against tight players in a small pot and headsup, drop.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
planning to trey a raise and fold to a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never like this line unless it's a bluff 3-bet.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero bets, planning to trey a raise and fold to a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. So he'd never cap AT or QT? Why? He's supposed to think you have a straight or a boat somehow?
Old 01-22-2007, 04:00 PM

you're really not ahead of very much of his range and when you are, you're not very far ahead. thus, don't use wa/wb.

thus, i think c/r this flop is best. you might get Villain to lay down QQ/JJ (which rocks obviously) or AQ/AJ (which have a significant number of outs, so this also rocks). if you get 3bet, you can call and fold turn ui. if he just calls, fire one more on the turn, then hope for a free showdown (being oop == teh suck).
Old 01-22-2007, 04:24 PM

why on earth would we fold to a cap on the river?
also i would probably c/r the flop and call down if he comes back over the top of us, until we river trips.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the first orbit at the table for UTG. So far he has done nothing to stand out, either good or bad, and I'm not even gonna post the stats. The table as a whole has been playing like what I like to describe as "Euro-tight". Not very much limping, and when someone does limp, it's usually something solid, with pfr including things like JTs+, 88+. People will cc rather than threebang it with premium hands. Postflop is a lot of c-bets and overplaying onepr hands. I really don't like this, but I'm not sure, so I thought I'd get some other eyes to look at it.

. . .

<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, planning to trey a raise and fold to a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, no offense, but that's dumb. The only hands that beat you out of his conceivable UTG raising range are KK and maaaybbeee 99 or KT. But it's basically KK.

If Villain caps, I'm not folding. Especially since your read is that the table overplays one-pair hands. Then, if you're capped on the river, you're crushing AK way more than you're losing to KK.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

. . .

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, no offense, but that's dumb. The only hands that beat you out of his conceivable UTG raising range are KK and maaaybbeee 99 or KT. But it's basically KK.

If Villain caps, I'm not folding. Especially since your read is that the table overplays one-pair hands. Then, if you're capped on the river, you're crushing AK way more than you're losing to KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking. You hit your trips, but would fold to a cap? At the very least you'd have to call the cap on the odds. BTW, what's the point of having a detailed read and throwing it out the window?
Old 01-22-2007, 05:22 PM

Jaran

Why did you call pre-flop?

The river is tough but I would probably check it unless you think he will raise with just a king.