Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Live - 2 Hands

Um I don't think there is a more standard hand than hand 1. Hand 2, I like a bigger flop raise and a smaller turn raise.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you flopped 3 sets in a session? that hasn't happened to me since 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I flopped 5, definitely running hot. But I guess that starts to make up for my 4 prior trips to Vegas when I flopped only 2 sets in 7 total days of playing (and one of them I got stacked set under set). Variance is weird...
Old 03-13-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um I don't think there is a more standard hand than hand 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meaning that AA never gets away here?

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2, I like a bigger flop raise and a smaller turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Care to share your thoughts as to why? I disagree for now with the bigger flop raise. It is a very dry board. He's not drawing. And I have position. If he also flopped a set, I'm getting paid here, regardless of my initial raise size. If he has AA, KK, AQ he is going to call me down as long as I don't force him to put in his whole stack (which is why I bumped the turn so much to try and manipulate him into making a large river call w AA KK AQ). Keep in mind he is not reraising AA, KK or AQ on the flop. As I mentioned earlier, he was the weakest link at the table. He was not very aggressive. I saw him count his stack several times once he had rebuilt it and he was not eager to lose it again.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:05 PM

Strassa,

Link please to your article.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Um I don't think there is a more standard hand than hand 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meaning that AA never gets away here?

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2, I like a bigger flop raise and a smaller turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Care to share your thoughts as to why? I disagree for now with the bigger flop raise. It is a very dry board. He's not drawing. And I have position. If he also flopped a set, I'm getting paid here, regardless of my initial raise size. If he has AA, KK, AQ he is going to call me down as long as I don't force him to put in his whole stack (which is why I bumped the turn so much to try and manipulate him into making a large river call w AA KK AQ). Keep in mind he is not reraising AA, KK or AQ on the flop. As I mentioned earlier, he was the weakest link at the table. He was not very aggressive. I saw him count his stack several times once he had rebuilt it and he was not eager to lose it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Under 200 BBs, AA should go broke there everytime.
2. The line you took looks ridiculously strong. Bigger flop raise gets more money in the pot and you have to raise more because of the deeper stacks. As played, I think flat calling turn is alright. Raising just screams you have a big hand.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:17 PM

lucky,

I appreciate your thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]

i think ur play is fine cause THIS GUY is obviously never folding an overpair, because a player like the one described imo is the type that doesn't believe you the second time for the wrong reasons. basically, he's not 1 level ahead, he's 2 levels behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Setting the second time/strassa concept aside for a minute. How does he get away from his hand in this position? My main reason for posting the hand was because I couldn't figure out a way that I felt comfortable playing the AA in his shoes. Last time I was in his spot, I stacked off 3500 to a set of 4s (not the strassa concept though) And I'd really love further discussion of alternate ways to play AA in this situation given the stack sizes.

[ QUOTE ]

hand 2 - given the way he changed his play i think you turn raise is fine, but maybe too big. i actually think not raising here would be quite a huge mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mind sharing why you think it is a big mistake to not raise the turn in hand 2? As I mentioned previously, my primary reason for raising was pot manipualtion for river betting, as well as the fact that he had demonstrated his willingness to call people down. I would very much like to know if you have different / additional reasons.