Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 05:42 AM

Default TT - Flop Decision

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero... ?

Not sure if this is an interesting hand or not, but struggled with what I should do. Four handed, at these levels, seems like someone will always have an ace, but folding feels incredibly weak.

What about preflop? Cap to try and make it headsup?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:51 AM

Default Re: TT - Flop Decision

I fold this. Your either behind right now or have pretty bad implied odds if you continue.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:55 AM

Also, if you had a read that SB was weak/tight, this would be a good spot to cap and take the initiative on the flop. If you get raised on the flop, its much easier to know you are behind.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:56 AM

List every hand that the average person at this game will three bet with that you are ahead of on this flop.

Here is my list:

<font color="white"> Nothing </font>
Old 07-23-2007, 05:58 AM

Noone will fold for 2 more after already coldcalling 2. The only reason to cap PF is for value. I think there isn't enough value to cap PF compared with the value of seeing what the flop brings and being in a good position to face the field with 2 bets.

Fold this flop fast.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:58 AM

I guess capping pf doesn't help as they probably will call anyway. And with TT you are not raising for value here.
On the flop its a fold for me. The ace doesn't look good, SB might even have an overpair. And you aren't that lucky with a Th on the turn neither.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess capping pf doesn't help as they probably will call anyway. And with TT you are not raising for value here.
On the flop its a fold for me. The ace doesn't look good, SB might even have an overpair. And you aren't that lucky with a Th on the turn neither.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-23-2007, 09:35 AM

Folding the flop is smart, not weak. Don't worry about it. Be glad you got away only losing 3 sb on this hand. Do not cap preflop.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:15 AM

You will never make it HU, they will call, they already put 2 bets in the pot
I don't like to fold here, but you are out of position, this complicates your life, I'd probably fold here
Old 07-23-2007, 01:04 PM

I usually hate these kinds of hands when you have an overcard flop holding a pocket pair, but it's pretty definitive on what to do here.

Everything in SB's probable range beats your TT right now (except maybe KQs if he'd re-raise with that). Even if you are ahead right now, which is very unlikely, you have a bit less than two outs to improve (T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] makes a flush draw). You might hate to do it after investing three bets before the flop, but just fold it.