Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 11:34 AM

Default A few live 200+30 hands from last night tourney at FW.

I have played in the FW 200 on Fridays one time and a Wednesday 100 one other time. Last night was my first time playing the 200 on Monday nights.

Okay structure with 20 min levels and 10,000 in starting chips. Lots of regulars, some decent some not. Last night there were 135 runners.

I played okay early and won a few hands and push my stack up to about 15,000. Then came this first hand.

Blinds 300/600, 100a. UTG limper with about 7k behind. All folded to me in the BB with K3dd.

Flop comes K39 rainbow, I bet out 1500. UTG calls.

Turn is Js putting 2 spades on board. I check planning to C/R allin. UTG Jams for 5500, I call and my K3dd lost to his K9x.

Down to about 7k now, blinds are up to 400/800, 150a , push 2 times in LP and pickup blinds.

Stack is up to about 10k, I am UTG+1 and get dealt 88, blinds are still 4/8. I push again and the table is total confused and look at my stack saying WTF, you just pushed 10k?

My thoughts were I am short, blinds are moving fast, they were on the way up in 1 or 2 hands to 600/1200 200a. If I raise 3x I am not folding to a RR. If I limp I will call a regular raise or RR allin. If I do get a call I am not terrible vs AQ, AK, and way behind any other over pair.

So I took a shot with 88. Turns out QQ over pushed and I spiked a set on the flop and made new friends with the guy holding QQ.

Won the next hand UTG with a raise to 3200 holding AKs. I fold my blinds and I am down to something like 21k.

Only hand during the 800/1600 level I was confused about was holding AJs and folded in LP to a MP raise to 5k. Is this a call or a push?

Blinds go up again to 1k/2k 200a and I am looking to push. No opportunities come up I folded my blinds yet again and was down to about 18000.

Now on the button I get 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP limper, LP limper, CO limper and I make the decision to just limp along. I figured it plays well multiway, I may have some fold equity but I don't think I want to push here. I will get called by one of the 2 huge stacks already in the hand. If I hit my hand I pickup a nice pot.

Was limping here wrong? Is it a clear fold or a clear push?

Anyway, it is 6 to the flop. Pot is now 14,000 and I have 16 left behind.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Checked around to the CO who pushes and has me covered.

I insta call and get shown J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and make my way to the exit.

Bad play or just unlucky?