Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 07:22 AM

Default T9s kinda crappy spot

Just sat, no reads.

--------------------

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: (8 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

--------------------

Just sat, no reads.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:31 AM

Default Re: T9s kinda crappy spot

This is fine with me. But maybe 3-bet flop is better?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:34 AM

I probably just fold preflop with only two opponents but it has to be close. The fact that the raise came from EP is the clincher for me.

If you are going to play past the flop (which I think you probably should) you need to 3bet to try and knock out UTG's overcards. Btw, if MP would have just called you can checkraise for value.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:35 AM

meh, i prefer folding the flop but this isnt terrible
Old 10-14-2007, 08:36 AM

yeah folding preflop is good too btw
Old 10-14-2007, 01:17 PM

at first I was being stoopid and thought "hmmm, mp might be raising an OESFD for value against 2 on the flop" then I thought, wait that's dumb, cold calling pf even bad players don't usually do with something like 45s. So I think you're only behind to AA KK QQ and JJ. maybe AT, maybe on rare occasion TT. Calling down is definitely right here I think, if you 3bet the flop and get capped, you can maybe think about folding the turn or river.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:15 PM

Man if I think about continue on the hand I 3 bet but here I would probably fold given I don`t have any read
Old 10-14-2007, 03:17 PM

* grunch *

First impression is that I'd like to see a raise somewhere to lose UTG with his probable 6-ish over card outs.

With so many overcards there and the FD MP might be semibluffing with our equity probably changes a great deal on the turn.

C/r turn to drive out UTG. If UTG stays in re-evaluate. If MP 3-bets, peel one and fold UI on river (I don't think we're ahead if we get 3-bet). If MP calls, c/c an overcard, diamond, or 4th straight card river. B/f others (not many...)

As played river is good.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:56 PM

I can find a fold on this flop and I don't have to look too hard for it. I prefer to take low variance plays in raised pots (that I didn't raise) when I start off at a new table. You're only getting 4.5:1 with TPNK against a preflop raiser (who, if he doesn't have an overpair likely holds two overcards) and a flop raiser (who, if he has top pair probably has you outkicked and if he doesn't have top pair may likely hold a flush draw and at least one overcard to your top pair).
Old 10-14-2007, 07:56 PM

without a bdfd on the flop, I might be tempted to let this go.