Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 04:31 PM

Default .25/.50 Am I misapplying SSHE here?

The CO posts pf, so I called assuming it would be at least 4 handed, probably 5. On the flop I have TPWK w/ a gutshot and back door flush draw, so I just call with the intention of re-evaluating on the turn. The turn is an over, but also gives me a flush draw to go with my gut shot, so I figure I'm drawing to 15 outs or partial outs (2 8s, 4 9s, and 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s) so I call the turn bet and kick my self for not thinking about the players left to act when I get raised? How horrible is the application of my math? How should I have played differently? Is this the kind of thing that's so basic it should go in the beginner forum? Should I have raised on the flop to make the field pay two bets into a small pot or do I only get called there when I'm beat? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to rebuild my game from the ground up and that means relearning all of my fundamentals and making sure I have them right this time.

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 10-12-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: .25/.50 Am I misapplying SSHE here?

I'd fold it preflop. Everything else looks good to me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 04:39 PM

If you fold this one-gapper PF it will be much easier to play, I would let it go on the flop at the latest as played.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:41 PM

:g:
Pre flop is pretty meh, if the table is remotly agressive you will often see a raise behind you with so much dead money in already.

raise flop.

You have TPWK and outs if behind. You want trash that could draw out to fold and you have a relatively strong hand.

You can probably call turn but realize that spiking a T probably doesnt get you very far. I dont think the A changes much on the river but I cant really see a call.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:43 PM

Raise the flop
Old 10-12-2007, 04:52 PM

1st you counted 4 9's as outs + the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
On the flop I would raise this, because you have top pair, plus the back door flush draw and inside straight draw. You would also like to make people with over cards face 2 bets instead of 1 to protect top pair.
The way you played it the turn call and call was good but the hand changes if you raise the flop.
As far as your outs go on the turn I would say you have 9-10 outs discounting A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] where 2 pair makes a full house. I wouldn't quote me on that you'll have to ask a veteran to give you a better answer on that
Old 10-12-2007, 04:55 PM

Depending on the table, unless every pot was limped 5 ways, I would likely fold this preflop like everyone else said
Old 10-12-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The CO posts pf, so I called assuming it would be at least 4 handed, probably 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are assuming that you will have enough people in this pot to justify an open-limp with a suited one-gapper, right? You have FIVE players to act after you - were you also assuming they would not raise?
Old 10-12-2007, 05:02 PM

Posting blind: yes. SSHE wasn't written to address the current online .25/.50 game.

Having read your post: Preflop is fine. On the flop you should absolutely have raised hoping to knock out overcards, etc, which is the play that SSHE would advocate. That would make the hand play differently, the turn would probably be checked to you and you would bet; as played, the turn could probably be a raise the first time around, definitely a raise the second time around; again, these plays would be advocated by SSHE.

I'll just leave the river alone, as it would have been far different had you played the flop and turn differently.

So, no, you're not misapplying SSHE; you're not applying it at all.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would let it go on the flop at the latest as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?!?! You would let go of top pair with a good gutshot and a BDFD? 'Scuse me, but I raise.