Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 07:14 AM

Default Anyone successful at 10nl? (Help needed)

If so, how the hell do you do it?

I just sit there and shake my head at how bad some of the plays are. I just can't figure out why I can't make money at it. Play super tight and raise the premium hands to a stupid amount and get called? Advice for 10NL playing styles would be appreciated.

I suppose the best thing to do would be what I did for the first half of hands and not so much what I did for the second half.

Any comments on helping me spot what my leaks are would be appreciated as well.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Anyone successful at 10nl? (Help needed)

never bluff, wait for premium hands, and then bet large.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:23 AM

I hope you also would like to play poker with which you can move up, so please don't wait only for premium hands. If there are one or two loose limpers I raise it up from the CO of the button with any half decent hand, beware of tightpassives though they might sit on a big hand. Call behind limpers with your speculative hands (suited connectors, suited aces small pocketpairs), open with all pocketpairs from MP2; on the button and CO call with the bigger offsuit connectors after some limpers. Remember position is the nuts especially in NL10, exploit your opponents playingstyle to the max. Oh yeah BT2 is right about one thing don't bluff on the turn or river unless you know for sure a player can lay down toppair.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:28 AM

take a screen shot your stats and post them up aswell.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:30 AM

Post your PF limp and raise guidelines
eg.

EP:
limp 22-66
raise 77-AA, AK, AQ
etc.....
Old 08-16-2007, 07:49 AM

Thanks for the help so far, here are the stats if anyone is kind enough to look over them.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:57 AM

Nothing jumps out at me as being bad. It could just be a bad run or just bad mistakes/tilt. The first downswing you dropped 4 BI's in 500 hands.

You seem to run hot, then cold and repeat. I'd wait till about 15-20k hands before i'd start worrying.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 AM

Looks like my august graph.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you also would like to play poker with which you can move up, so please don't wait only for premium hands. If there are one or two loose limpers I raise it up from the CO of the button with any half decent hand, beware of tightpassives though they might sit on a big hand. Call behind limpers with your speculative hands (suited connectors, suited aces small pocketpairs), open with all pocketpairs from MP2; on the button and CO call with the bigger offsuit connectors after some limpers. Remember position is the nuts especially in NL10, exploit your opponents playingstyle to the max. Oh yeah BT2 is right about one thing don't bluff on the turn or river unless you know for sure a player can lay down toppair.

[/ QUOTE ]
ding, ding, ding!

I started playing NL maybe 5 months ago (after 3 years of nothing but O8). I've been beating NL10 over somewhere near 15k-ish hands doing basically what you see in Larude's post.

I'll post graph & stats for comparison when I get home. I think I'm around 12bb/100.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ding, ding, ding!

I started playing NL maybe 5 months ago (after 3 years of nothing but O8). I've been beating NL10 over somewhere near 15k-ish hands doing basically what you see in Larude's post.

I'll post graph & stats for comparison when I get home. I think I'm around 12bb/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

How big a pocket pair do you need in MP2 to raise with? And, how big of a SC do you feel is worth limping in with behind other limpers? I think I'm probably a little too tight in those situations.