Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 05:12 AM

Default Re: My Hooker Story

Rabbit B,

I understand where you are coming from,, but you are missing the key element that this is a bruiser story. You can't just waltz in here with no background and start telling all of us who appreciate how awesome this story is that it sucks. I hope one day you will understand.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:17 AM

Ok, I like Tucker Max's stories and all, but I can't imagine that people who idolize him have as much luck as he does at acting like a complete [censored] and getting laid. Whats the message board, "Tucker, tucker, how do I pick up chicks? papapwease telll me?".

Bruiser may be a dork and immature, but he's honest. And his writing is better than 3/4 of the crap on this board. Unlike Tucker's board, which revolves around his really well written stories, no one has to type stories here in order to enjoy the qualities of this board, let alone type anything well. Except maybe the short stories in the Lounge, I haven't checked them out yet.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rabbit B,

I understand where you are coming from,, but you are missing the key element that this is a bruiser story. You can't just waltz in here with no background and start telling all of us who appreciate how awesome this story is that it sucks. I hope one day you will understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

While seniority will always be held in favorable light, in this case it doesn't matter. Is it better than most on this board? It shouldn't matter, the best of the worst doesn't make it good. If you disagree with any critique I have, let me know.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I like Tucker Max's stories and all, but I can't imagine that people who idolize him have as much luck as he does at acting like a complete [censored] and getting laid. Whats the message board, "Tucker, tucker, how do I pick up chicks? papapwease telll me?".

Bruiser may be a dork and immature, but he's honest. And his writing is better than 3/4 of the crap on this board. Unlike Tucker's board, which revolves around his really well written stories, no one has to type stories here in order to enjoy the qualities of this board, let alone type anything well. Except maybe the short stories in the Lounge, I haven't checked them out yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Again, the best of the worst doesn't make it "Great" or "Awesome". It's not good writing. I can't help you understand basic things.
2. Check out his board. I'm not plugging for it and I don't need to (it does great on it's own), but commenting on the average poster's ability to write should be backed up. You're lacking.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:15 AM

Rabbit,

You're completely missing Lazy's point. You can't argue that knowing the author has no effect on one's overall enjoyment of the story. It provides a context for the story that can change it for the better or the worse. Obviously.

Also, its "separate," not "seperate."
Old 04-16-2007, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rabbit,

You're completely missing Lazy's point. You can't argue that knowing the author has no effect on one's overall enjoyment of the story. It provides a context for the story that can change it for the better or the worse. Obviously.

Also, its "separate," not "seperate."

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the correction.

Listen, I understand this idea. You might also find knock, knock jokes hilarious, but that still doesn't make them good. The ability to differentiate what is good and bad isn't too complicated, but you seem to not understand it.

In this story you MIGHT see an underlying story which makes it funny. I personally don't see it, but you might. What makes the difference between a good story and a bad story is how they tell it. If this story had flowed well, left out distracting elements and been told in a good format, I could see how you could rank it as "Great" or "Awesome". But it didn't. You might think it was funny, but for people that read and appreciate things such as comedic timing and ability to build up climatic situations this story was atrocious.

I said he was a bad writer and that this was a badly written story. I’m not going to argue taste though.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:30 PM

http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/sh...ad.php?t=15038

This is a page where apple (the author of this story) asks Tucker a question. Tucker lays into him, because like I said, this author is an idiot. This is the idiots reply.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Maxy boy, "feel free to elaborate" = shorthand. You are a clownface nitpicker to use sarcasm on that. In your STUPID Ask Tucker for advice board there was a question about how you were in high school, and most of the time you just give advice by relating personal experience anyway. I know what the word "advice" means. You scored a 800 on the verbal score of the SAT but so did my cousin who used to be my friend, and I scored high too. Maybe someday you will understand that everyone does not hate me, and does not think I'm an idiot. Recently I went to a party where I had over 10 friends.

Yes I did read a lot of your stories. The closest was one cool girl who got that special tatoo, but the only exchange that comes to mind was where you start out by telling her you might pick up another girl at the bar and go back with her, and she says "oh yeah that's totally cool, i'll help you do it." You are wrong to say I'm stupid, my IQ has been tested in the low 200's and I have a very bright future ahead of me. And I'm not illiterate, from reading experience I can tell you some stuff like your stuff is funny but not as funny as other stuff like Calvin and Hobbes. For example,

Calvin: My horoscope says, "turning about means circumstances in your favor. Assert views in confident manner. Lunar cycle high, many of your key policies will be implemented."

Calvin: Isn't that great? Today I'm fated to get my way! The heavens decree it!
Hobbes: So what are your "key policies"?

Calvin: First, obviously, is "don't do homework." C'mon, let' go out and play!

Hobbes: Here comes your mom and it looks like she has a bone to pick with the moon.
Calvin: Ha! Watch me assert my views in a confident manner!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-16-2007, 05:27 PM

is there anything more annoying than tuckermax fanboys? jesus.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:58 PM

If my math is right:

$400 1st massage
$400 2nd massage
$500 2nd massage VIP feet
$500 Big Black Hooker for sloppy seconds
=
$1800

Let me see if I can plan an alternate story for you
$700 Round Trip flight to Bangkok
$100 5 nights in decet hotel
$200 on food and drinks (super ballin style)
$800 on Cute Thai bargirls (at current rates you could be doing threesomes ever night of the 5 nights)

=$1800

hmmmmmmmmmmm next time.....
Old 04-17-2007, 05:36 AM

Haha that link is great bruiser material.