Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 07:49 PM

Default Re: More cop killing goodness....

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. [censored] all of you suburb [censored] that have never even encountered the innercity black community before. you are retarded and clueless. its easy to say I am racist when you have never even lived in the city. Try walking home from school every day scared shitless that you are going to get harassed or physically attacked. you have no idea what its like.

[/ QUOTE ]

[image][/image]

Like someone who went to school on the border of Southeast DC (which at the time was top 3 most dangerous places in the country) and an extremely high crime county? Like someone who was always one of at most 3 white kids in a school of about 650-800 people from the age of 5? Don't know what it's like huh? I don't recall getting my ass kicked. Maybe you did cause you're a whining pussy, have you ever considered that?
Old 12-04-2006, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*deleted*

[/ QUOTE ]

For once I feel utterly certain that I am not the most retarded person in a thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is easily the best post in the thread. NH Dementia
Old 12-04-2006, 08:07 PM

"father is a cleveland city police office"

the same force that killed the 15 yr old kid hiding in his closet.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"father is a cleveland city police office"

the same force that killed the 15 yr old kid hiding in his closet.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about the 6 yr old too.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:44 PM

Default Do all of you really think....

... that cops are all just out on a power trip and like to hurt people? Come on, how stupid are you???

Sure SOME of them abuse their power and are corrupt, but not a lot more than oh--let's say lawyers or doctors.

BTW, this kid and an accomplice beat the other kid to the ground and jacked his stuff. While I fully think the cops should be investigated and punished if found guilty, I'm not missing this kid they shot.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry beetz..... never once had a cop do anything good for me.... or anyone I know, for that matter.... most of them are ignorant, power-tripping meatheads who barely clawed their way out of high school, love the fact they are given license to use "justifiable force" and then hide behind the cliche of "feeling threatened" to justify their behavior....
(Stereotypes don't just jump out of the woodwork, they are derived from consistent experience representative of a group .... with exceptions, certainly)

Oh, and Howard Cosell lost his job over the same analogy....

Tread lightly....

peace, mondo

P.S. IFF a cop EVER does do anything positive for me, or anyone I know, I'll be sure to let you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really need to never post again.

I stay out of most of these arguments because it appears that this forum is made up of 95% idiots who ignorantly spout off about how they THINK cops are just "meatheads who barely clawed their way through high school", but don't even think about what would happen to them if there weren't any of them around.

Say someone beats the hell out of you someday, mondo, you just gonna take it and say [censored] the police then, or are you gonna call the cops? Say someone murders your mom, or rapes your wife. Then what the hell are you going to do? I would never wish something like that on someone, but people like you...well, maybe I would.

My best friend is a cop, graduated from 4-year university in three with honors, and loves his work. Tell me to my face that he's a piece of [censored] and I'll give you the beating of a lifetime that'll have you calling one of those same pieces of [censored] to save your pansy ass.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:50 PM

RIP The Dog.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:53 PM

This is directed at no individual:

Interesting dynamic of these types of threads is that supporters 9 times out of 10 have either a cop relative or friend and are often times uncapible of providing an objective opinion.

And let me make this clear...My problem is not with cops in general, or the existance of cops. My problem is with their "training" or lack there of.

There is something inherently wrong with the system that we consistently read about crap like this and there is likely very little that can be done about it.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There is something inherently wrong with the system that we consistently read about crap like this and there is likely very little that can be done about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

[ QUOTE ]

The attention, good and bad, is unavoidable. With more than 37,000 uniformed officers, the NYPD is by far the country's largest, highest-profile police force. Its sometimes chilling abuses become national news, yet its officers have killed fewer people so far this year, 11, than some police departments in far smaller cities.

While New York officers fatally shot 54 people in 1973 and 30 in 1996, last year the toll was nine people. According to the NYPD, that was a rate of 0.25 killings per 1,000 officers, far lower than in Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia and other major cities.

So far this year, at least 19 people have been killed by police in Philadelphia and 12 in Las Vegas, which has about 2,170 officers. Police have fatally shot 12 people so far this year in suburban Atlanta's DeKalb County, which with 700,000 residents is one-tenth the size of the New York City.

At the other end of the scale, the Miami police department, which overhauled its use-of-force policies several years ago, says it has had no fatal shootings by its officers this year

[/ QUOTE ]

AP article
Old 12-04-2006, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is directed at no individual:

Interesting dynamic of these types of threads is that supporters 9 times out of 10 have either a cop relative or friend and are often times uncapible of providing an objective opinion.

And let me make this clear...My problem is not with cops in general, or the existance of cops. My problem is with their "training" or lack there of.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on both sides of the fence regarding past history of cops (related to some, family friend went to prison for robbery-homicide due to some cops being real dumb. Yeah, believe the two gang bangers over the decorated ex-military guy who just got out of the service.)

The reason we hear about stuff like this is because "Cop did his job and no one was shot." sucks as a headline.