Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 03:50 AM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

It wasn't an attack.. It has just been mentioned quite a few times.. why withhold any information, just seems silly.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assure you that what I'm holding close to the vest is not to make myself feel important. It's actually pretty silly to suggest that and I don't really feel like being attacked considering the amount of time and effort I've put into this.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's almost like you're playing poker and not wanting to give away your hand. I don't know why that analogy springs to mind. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

N8, please don't interpret anything I said as an attack. I actually forgot to include the mandatory disclaimer about how you guys don't owe us anything and have already done an incredible job. I am incredibly appreciative for the work you and others have done!

A few days ago though, I'm pretty sure you indicated that you thought AP was heading in the right direction in regards to resolving all of this satisfactorily. Can I ask if you still remain optimistic on that front in light of the latest press release?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AS,

What do you want done?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not AS, but i want someone to take a stand. i want someone to try to contact the costa rican or canadian authorities. or interpol. it disgusts me that these guys might get away with this. they're scum and they should pay, just like any other criminal. no, i didn't get money stolen. i'm 18. i don't even play online anymore because i tilt and have terrible BR management- i play live with rich college kids and take their money. i don't have an extremely personal interest in this, but it just kills me that they might get away with this. i wish someone very effected by the situation would try to get these guys prosecuted. they're branding an entire industry as cheaters and it makes me sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically all of that

What I want done is what we've been doing until seemingly up until now. We need to keep the pressure on, call BS on their lies, and keep implicating them to the point where they cant have an easy time just releasing BS statements and sweeping the whole thing under the rug.

[/ QUOTE ]
The generalized nature of their statement makes it so I can't release something and say "look, you were lying 100%"

I might have something that says "well why the hell would you do [something] if [something else] was true?"

But don't you see how dumb it is for me to release something like that? I'm not going to do it. Anything can probably be explained away at this point. Let's see the details and see how they line up with my details. Then I'll decide what to do, but I'm certainly not going to release anything in hopes of pleasing the dramabomb crowd. This fight is not necessarily over.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, i'm not part of the "dramabomb crowd"- trust me. i appreciate what you, adanthar, and so many others have done. i can't even explain in words how much pride i've felt being part of this, in this investigation- headed by you. i know that sounds lame, but i don't care. i just felt somewhat discouraged with some of the latest developments, and yours and adanthar's posts. i didn't say you guys were giving up completely, not even close. and i realize that the vagueness of AP's statements does not allow a complete contradiction dramabomb. i'm basically saying... please everyone, do not give up.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:52 AM

Thoughts from a former low limit Absolute player (not involved with this at all):

I have some unfortunate experience with con men. Every step of the Absolute story has looked like a con -- from top to bottom.

Don't they have a bad relationship with affiliates.
Didn't Seif's play cause concern.

How did they act after this scandel was made public.

Deny, deny, deny.

How did they act when proof appeared.

Deny, deny, deny. Then they ASKED TO SEE THE PROOF.

Then delay, delay, delay.

Scammers always need to find out what the mark knows so they can develop an alternative explanation (this is kinda the same thing that lawyers do)

Next step is to misrepresent the claim of wrongdoing, then "look in to it", then find no problems.

When that doesnt work. Find a problem. Find a scape goat. Apologize. Promise to "make it right". Then ignore, ignore, ignore.

Is that what Absolute did? Seems like it to me. I interpret what I see as a con job undertaken by a sociopath or sociopaths. There is no way one person did what has been described.

If Absolute was "innocent" would they cover-up? Would they fire the employee that released the incriminating document? Of course not. It they were not involved they would give the employee a bonus for uncovering this fraud.

Now Seif says that "an independent third party" is investigating. If a party is a "third" party then the other two parties have to agree who that "independent third party" should be.

If you make a unilateral decision of who that "third party" is then you have something that you do not want to be discovered.

Sorry to put this out there. I know that some of you have a lot to gain by Absolute's survival and don't want to lose out on their attempt to make things right so you can make up some of the amount that you lost through the cheaters but the truth is they will only pay the minimum to make people shut up (no, actually they just want you to tone down). This organization has demonstrated that they are incapable of acting for the long term.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a late comer to all this, would you be a sport and post a link to the web site? It's taken me all night to read this one thread and I'd hate to go through it all again to find the link, or even worse start reading one of the other threads!

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 'cause you specifically asked. I generally try to avoid using the url 'cause I don't want to be accused of spamming (and it is in my profile anyway)

The main website is at http://www.absolutepokercheats.com

and updates are available at http://blog.absolutepokercheats.com
Old 10-22-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't an attack.. It has just been mentioned quite a few times.. why withhold any information, just seems silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop posting, you add nothing.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a late comer to all this, would you be a sport and post a link to the web site? It's taken me all night to read this one thread and I'd hate to go through it all again to find the link, or even worse start reading one of the other threads!

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 'cause you specifically asked. I generally try to avoid using the url 'cause I don't want to be accused of spamming (and it is in my profile anyway)

The main website is at http://www.absolutepokercheats.com

and updates are available at http://blog.absolutepokercheats.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Cheers mate! Next round is on me, any time you're over this way that is. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nat, if I am understanding correctly, are we even sure they are going to tell us more than they have now?

It seems like they have no intentions to release any details. In fact, it seems like if they continue releasing statements, and who knows if they will, they will continue to be broad and written in a manner which basically beats around the bush.

I dunno, if you are confident they will actually come forth and explain wtf happened, then def hold off and see if they lie again.

But to me it seems like they really have no intention to actually tell us [censored] and are going to just hope this stays quiet, pay back certain players, and maybe release some very vague and lawyer-ridden statements.

[/ QUOTE ]

As somebody pointed out 1304578845 posts ago, the truth is going to come out 10% at a time. Absolute has already made several admissions that virtually everyone would have thought impossible for them to make, back when this all started.

So everybody chill the F out for a bit.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if he releases everything he knows, then AP will be able to craft their story to fit what he says. If they don't know what he knows, then they'll be taking a big risk by not telling the truth, because they don't know what he knows.

This should be pretty obvious to you.
Closed Thread