Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
AS,

What do you want done?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not AS, but i want someone to take a stand. i want someone to try to contact the costa rican or canadian authorities. or interpol. it disgusts me that these guys might get away with this. they're scum and they should pay, just like any other criminal. no, i didn't get money stolen. i'm 18. i don't even play online anymore because i tilt and have terrible BR management- i play live with rich college kids and take their money. i don't have an extremely personal interest in this, but it just kills me that they might get away with this. i wish someone very effected by the situation would try to get these guys prosecuted. they're branding an entire industry as cheaters and it makes me sick.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When josem misses what I'm saying, I reserve my right to be surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my defence, I haven't read much of the last two days material.

Before that, the last post (before these last few, obv) I read of yours was talking about withdrawing $60k (?) and leaving some behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was before the excel file dropped, the moment I got that file, I moved out my entire bankroll. Its gotten tied up getting out tho (b/c its a big transfer and there was some problems with the info I provided, not because of AP hot having the money) and only has partway arrived.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AS,

What do you want done?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not AS, but i want someone to take a stand. i want someone to try to contact the costa rican or canadian authorities. or interpol. it disgusts me that these guys might get away with this. they're scum and they should pay, just like any other criminal. no, i didn't get money stolen. i'm 18. i don't even play online anymore because i tilt and have terrible BR management- i play live with rich college kids and take their money. i don't have an extremely personal interest in this, but it just kills me that they might get away with this. i wish someone very effected by the situation would try to get these guys prosecuted. they're branding an entire industry as cheaters and it makes me sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically all of that

What I want done is what we've been doing until seemingly up until now. We need to keep the pressure on, call BS on their lies, and keep implicating them to the point where they cant have an easy time just releasing BS statements and sweeping the whole thing under the rug.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:35 AM

hey Josem, I don't want to speak for AS, but while everyone was waiting for this new press release Nat or Adanthar or possibly both of them indicated that if the press release was unsatisfactory then they would release some information that they had been sitting on (so as to not prematurely show their hand). At this point in time, with a AP's official stance now known, I think it is reasonable that the people who spearheaded the efforts to expose AP (who also cautioned the rest of us against jumping to conclusions) and who know more than the rest of us give us some indication what their impression of AP's statement is, and assuming they find it unsatisfactory, whether they intend to strategically reveal some of what they had previously kept to themselves.

Edited for grammar and clarity.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i want someone to try to contact the costa rican or canadian authorities. or interpol. it disgusts me that these guys might get away with this. they're scum and they should pay, just like any other criminal....i wish someone very effected by the situation would try to get these guys prosecuted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understood that the Canadians and KGC are looking into this.

I posted the phone number for the Costa Rican police in this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
What I want done is what we've been doing until seemingly up until now. We need to keep the pressure on, call BS on their lies, and keep implicating them to the point where they cant have an easy time just releasing BS statements and sweeping the whole thing under the rug.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they are having an easy time. But at the same time, international police investigations take time - time that is a relative eternity in internet forum time.

Keep in mind that it is weekend still in the Americas, and the work week hasn't started.

Incidentally, I'm currently writing a post on the website that should help to keep this bubbling along.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:41 AM

As a late comer to all this, would you be a sport and post a link to the web site? It's taken me all night to read this one thread and I'd hate to go through it all again to find the link, or even worse start reading one of the other threads!
Old 10-22-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey Josem, I don't want to speak for AS, but while everyone was waiting for this new press release Nat or Adanthar or possibly both of them indicated that if the press release was unsatisfactory then they would release some information that they had been sitting on so as to not prematurely show their hand. At this point in time, with a AP's official stance now known, I think it is reasonable that the people who spearheaded the efforts to expose AP (who also cautioned the rest of us against jumping to conclusions) now tell us what their impression of AP's statement is, and assuming they find it unsatisfactory, whether they intend to strategically reveal some of what they had previously kept to themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, what's the point in keeping this info private. We already know AP isn't going to come clean about everything. They have had how many chances now????

Half the time I think people just want to feel important.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AS,

What do you want done?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

basically all of that

[/ QUOTE ]
The generalized nature of their statement makes it so I can't release something and say "look, you were lying 100%"

I might have something that says "well why the hell would you do [something] if [something else] was true?"

But don't you see how dumb it is for me to release something like that? I'm not going to do it. Anything can probably be explained away at this point. Let's see the details and see how they line up with my details. Then I'll decide what to do, but I'm certainly not going to release anything in hopes of pleasing the dramabomb crowd. This fight is not necessarily over.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey Josem, I don't want to speak for AS, but while everyone was waiting for this new press release Nat or Adanthar or possibly both of them indicated that if the press release was unsatisfactory then they would release some information that they had been sitting on so as to not prematurely show their hand. At this point in time, with a AP's official stance now known, I think it is reasonable that the people who spearheaded the efforts to expose AP (who also cautioned the rest of us against jumping to conclusions) now tell us what their impression of AP's statement is, and assuming they find it unsatisfactory, whether they intend to strategically reveal some of what they had previously kept to themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, what's the point in keeping this info private. We already know AP isn't going to come clean about everything. They have had how many chances now????

Half the time I think people just want to feel important.

[/ QUOTE ]
I assure you that what I'm holding close to the vest is not to make myself feel important. It's actually pretty silly to suggest that and I don't really feel like being attacked considering the amount of time and effort I've put into this.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:49 AM

Nat, if I am understanding correctly, are we even sure they are going to tell us more than they have now?

It seems like they have no intentions to release any details. In fact, it seems like if they continue releasing statements, and who knows if they will, they will continue to be broad and written in a manner which basically beats around the bush.

I dunno, if you are confident they will actually come forth and explain wtf happened, then def hold off and see if they lie again.

But to me it seems like they really have no intention to actually tell us [censored] and are going to just hope this stays quiet, pay back certain players, and maybe release some very vague and lawyer-ridden statements.
Closed Thread