Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Brier would have folded

PF 3-bettor is 17.1/8.6/2.5 after 35 hands
UTG (notice he posts) is 30.4/5.8/3.5 after 69 hands
UG+1 is unknown.

I know that this is a typical Brier (a poker authour that some consider a bit weak, but I have high regards of in general) folding spot. What say thy posters of two plus two: Fold/call/raise?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.75.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]</font>
Old 10-14-2007, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Brier would have folded

Two players are showing strength, Button who 3-bet preflop is behind us and we haven't got any backdoor draws. I don't think that our hand is good here and fold.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:37 AM

cold call and hate it
Old 10-14-2007, 09:44 AM

Even if you call and it is 3-bet behind you, you would still be getting of about 7:1 or slightly better for your call(s).

Its also possible that the button has overcards and that the flop wont be 3-bet.

So, a call and re-evaluate on the turn seems reasonable to me.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So, a call and re-evaluate on the turn seems reasonable to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i also think that if UTG 3 bets and the next guy caps that you can dump it. too likely you are drawing near dead.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:37 PM

I'm folding with the quickness.

Our hand isn't that great (cooredinated board), there is a raise, and the preflop 3better is still to act.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:44 PM

grunch

I hate to say this but with the button who 3bet still left to act I think you can fold this. It's been bet and raised in front of a preflop raiser and a 3 bettor. All of this is based on the fact that UTG1 is a thinking player. UTG's post in UTG says he likely isn't a thinking player.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:33 PM

I think the fact that neither flop raiser raised pf sways me toward folding. There's a greater chance they hold something that connected hard with the flop. However, utg might raise a J hoping you and the button held overs that missed, so calling might be +ev, but I don't like it.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:19 PM

I call and reevaluate the turn, if the 3 bettor just calls He probably miss with AK AQ, and he has outs, if he 3bets again, I really don`t like my hand, depending on my reads I make my decision here, call and fold is too thin for me here
Old 10-14-2007, 02:59 PM

* grunch *

Eww. Not a nice spot. No way of knowing we are ahead. Action is getting heavy so we might not be ahead. Action seems to be getting heavy so drawing can be costly.

If flop gets capped it'll be 26:4 or 6.5:1 to see the turn. I don't think that we are ahead in that case or have enough outs to call that much.

I fold, not feeling good about it.