Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Underhanded Tactic Used in a 10/20 NL game, Please Discuss.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont get it if your breaking the rules of the cardroom you are playing in you are still cheating within the context of that game.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess we just disagree on this point. Breaking a cardroom's rules is not the same thing as breaking the law. One carries legal penalties, whereas the other carries only the threat of being barred from the cardroom (beatdowns from ninja poker players I piss off aside).
Old 08-17-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you're either incredibly dumb, a sociopath or an online troll seeking attention... and its certainly possible you're all three

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I am seeking ideas for how this move can be enhanced further, and for how to make the most of it. I guess I'll just stop "defending myself" in this thread against all of the angry people and just invite anyone with a great idea or who wants to discuss such shot taking further to send me a private message. I'm not really here to discuss morality, just to discuss methods of EV acquisition.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:48 AM

I personally think this play is brilliant!!! I think I would add more to it though to make it a bit more effective. Like instead of just telling the fish the guy is bluffing and he should call I think I would add in some name calling. Something like "Call that no good rotten scum sucking bag of Bull Shi ting sorry excuse of a poker player!!!" Then I would tell the fish that if he calls and loses that I would cover his loss because I'm that confident that he's full of it. Then after the hand is over I would ask everyone at the table if they seen what just happened?? If they didn't I would tell them the story including some more name calling. I would then proceed to try to call anyone that is in the area over to the table to point out how dumb that bet on the end was and how you were the one to catch him on it. That would be the only thing I talked about for the rest of the night while looking over at the guy pointing and laughing. Finally when you absolutely are told you have to shut up about it start calling people over and whispering in their ears and pointing at the same guy laughing more.

I'm serious man I think you should push this edge as hard as you possibly can because really what is he gonna do about it?? Yeah your gonna follow me outside right!!! LMFAO!!!!!

From that day on I think anytime I ran into this guy I would just look at him and laugh!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 04:57 AM

OP, I sincerely hope you get hit by some sort of crippling disability where the only thing you will be able to do for the rest of your miserable existence is lay in your bed and piss yourself. That's less than you deserve but it would suffice.

Kirk
Old 08-17-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, I sincerely hope you get hit by some sort of crippling disability where the only thing you will be able to do for the rest of your miserable existence is lay in your bed and piss yourself. That's less than you deserve but it would suffice.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly, I hope you have AIDS
Old 08-17-2007, 05:07 AM

well how about this. I am better at poker than you. You do this to a fish; next thing u know i am telling players in every hand your hand because i read hands better than you read hands. I am discussing how you play hands constantly with other players. I am tipping the floor and getting you kicked out of the games I play.

From a game theory perspective, it is better not to be a pr1ck but you probably can't think outside a 'hand at a time' kind of ev bubble since you're a r3tard fish who i hope dies in a fire that is fueled by both grease and the corpses of your freshly born children.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well how about this. I am better at poker than you. You do this to a fish; next thing u know i am telling players in every hand your hand because i read hands better than you read hands. I am discussing how you play hands constantly with other players. I am tipping the floor and getting you kicked out of the games I play.

From a game theory perspective, it is better not to be a pr1ck but you probably can't think outside a 'hand at a time' kind of ev bubble since you're a r3tard fish who i hope dies in a fire that is fueled by both grease and the corpses of your freshly born children.

[/ QUOTE ]

MagicNinja for mod.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:43 AM

I have wasted so much time in this thread already. But I concur with Kirkrr and MagicNinja. Be sure to close your eyes before crossing the street.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:59 AM

In the interest of intellectual responsibility, I felt it necessary to point out this strawman so that people here aren't duped by its apparent accuracy:

[ QUOTE ]
From a game theory perspective, it is better not to be a pr1ck

[/ QUOTE ]
That's true assuming the other party will stoop to tit for tat. Most people don't have it in them to do that though, so you end up exploiting them and not getting exploited back in turn. Most people can't get past the notion that "breaking the rules is bad," and, as such, never fight back, hoping instead that the wrongs they perceived will be righted, be it by "justice" or kharma or some other abstract concept. In the concrete world of reality, these things don't manifest by themselves, but require instead for the wronged party to take action. With careful analysis of the opposition, you can all but guarantee that the other party will never strike back but, instead, will just lie down and take it. As is obvious from all the statements of potential retribution from the posters in this thread, you can't just pull this move on anyone and everyone.

In terms of being a prick, the most successful people in the world are almost all pricks, crooks, liars, or all of the above, at least if we're measuring success by wealth accrued. They have made it their business to find ways to exploit the world's consumerist culture and ignorance and claim as much wealth as possible for themselves. Did Bill Gates steal ideas from Steve Jobs? Does Sheldon Adelson mercilessly exploit Asian ignorance about gambling and superstition to the tune of $1,000,000/hour in Macau? Is Mark Rich the 242nd richest person in America despite all of the laws he supposedly broke? And I'm the scumbag for tilting some poker player and helping some fish win a pot? Pshaw. Poker is said by many to be life in a microcosm, and just as in life, you find people looking for angles everywhere, be it in game theory, card manipulation, psychology, mastery of hand reading, refinement of their game through internet messageboards or wherever they can find it. Finding and exploiting weaknesses in your opponents and in the system itself (as per the short stack method in NL hold'em, for example) is how money is made, and this is just another example of it.

I'll also heed your warning in the event that I'm ever in a poker game in Perth. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:00 AM

The rule live is one player per hand, dont be such a piece of [censored].
Closed Thread