Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: my ftp account got hacked

i dont mean to be an [censored] but getting hacked is 100% your own fault (for not taking strong enough safety precautions).

"letting friends use your computer" and "logging in on someone elses computer" are the top two things NOT to do when you have anything valuable on your computer/account.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the point is all of the play is odd, but it can't just be odd, it has to be completely undoubted. Otherwise it could be someone who got hammered played like an idiot from a friend's computer then when lost screamed hacked.

this is is undoubted for me though. knowning jc - the hand histories - never played in 10 days and i bet none of these two have a high limit history.

[/ QUOTE ]

plus jc just doesnt play like that. when i look at it, it looks like a guy chip dumping and trying to do a good job at it so it doesnt look suspicious.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:22 PM

a simple ip trace could solve everything im hoping. also if anyone has ever seen me play HU, theyd know that i dont play like a complete [censored] moron.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also jc if your password is the same on stars i think you should change it ASAP you prob already have but just a reminder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Change all psswrds immediately....inc online banking etc etc....hope it works out man
Old 02-23-2007, 12:26 PM

JC - I really think that if they've locked up prowlings this evidence is undisputable. To those chiming in with the 'hey, prowlings played these hands okay' lines - it simply doesn't matter. This isn't an American court of law - you don't need to be sure beyond a reasonable doubt. On one hand, you have a dude who never, ever, plays high stakes - and he buries a well known mid-high stakes player for that player's ENTIRE ACCOUNT! He didn't even lose money to anyone else! The evidence in this case is plain - and especially combined with the fact that jc's account will have been logged in from a different IP address, it's open and shut if you ask me. It'd be one thing if Full Tilt had to shell out their own money for this - then you could make the case that people could just log in from different IPs, dump money, then demand that FTP refunded them. This isn't the case here. I'd be very surprised if jc didnt get his $ back.

James
Old 02-23-2007, 12:38 PM

fwiw you guys are [censored] idiots saying "omgogmgomggomg dont ever trust anybody". That's what real friends are for. Now fortunately, I've never been scammed for more than like $500, but I've done many many many many site to site transfers with lots of HSNL players, gotta be like 30+ well recognized names. Not once, have I been screwed and mostly all of the HSNL players are good, genuine guys, a few who I've been lucky to confide in as some of my best friends in life. I've trusted $100k+ with a couple people a few times and also vice versa. I'm not saying money doesnt blind friendships or what not, but then again I dont really find myself friends without honor, virtue, integrity, and compassion anyhow.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:47 PM

for everyone who 'trusts' their friends so much just remember that people commit murder for far far less money.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
prowings $54.484,85 2 24 0,22

Might it be this guy, the numbers add up pretty exact. Im sorry if im wrong, im just trying to solve this.

[/ QUOTE ]

if its any help, this guy is pretty bad and played at 5/10 and maybe 10/20 and bought in short. he's def not a high stakes shark afaik.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:03 PM

It doesn't have to be a different IP adress. This will most likely be either the IP adress of his own computer or of the one computer he logged in previously when he was away and since you can log in to full tilt from any computer all over the world as he has done before, this doesn't prove fraud. The only chance that it's a new computer is if there was a keylogger installed on a computer he used or someone copied the right files on a memory stick or "he logged in himself" from a new place.
He should get the IP and ask who else logged in with a similar IP. Then match this IP either to his home or to LA. I bet he knows this intruder personally.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:03 PM

About trusting friends. It's not even about thinking his friends knowingly did anything. It's as simple as a friend on your poker comp is less likely to be careful with what he installs, attachments, etc.