Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2006, 07:22 AM

Default One Big Session

I accidently posted this in SSSH because i was reading the forum there. It was meant to be in the micro's.....

How many posters in this forum really look at their game as 'one big poker session? While I've read about it and knew it was right on a conceptual level, its only lately that its really started to sink in. I'm feeling more relaxed and confident about my game and the results are showing. I've played close to 100,000 hands now and through the variance I've experienced, I'm starting to to see why 2000, 5000, 20000 or even a 100000 hands can be insignificant in terms of your long-term win rate. The tricky part of this long-run variance is that there are so many fits and spurts in your development as a poker player, between 1000 and 10000 hands, 10000 and 50000, 50000 and beyond. I guess the constant battle as a poker player is to realise that variance is very real and so are leaks. Being able to seperate the two is going to take a lifetime