Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Bug problem in my apartment complex (Las Vegas int he summer)

Roaches are all over vegas. You can kill them for a few weeks but they will be back eventually.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:28 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you bought a house in Vegas?

[/ QUOTE ]

dids,

houses are for pussies, metetron is buying a compound.

rj
Old 06-27-2006, 04:11 PM

I think it's Vegas. My house is similar. I've only seen one inside my house so far but there are plenty outside.

I'm a little girl when it comes to bugs so I'm not happy with this situation either. I've continually sprayed and that seems to work for a couple of days but it also causes headaches for my girlfriend and me. Not to mention the dog doesn't like it.

Exterminators can spray once a month for around $30. If things get much worse, I'm going to go that route.

Cockroach killing strategy:

The Roundup bug killing spray is mediocre. If you spray them directly they still run around for a bit and can possibly touch you which is gross. I generally see the carnage for approximately a week after I spray around the house. After that, they seem to come back with no problems.

The Raid blue can spray stuff works pretty good. It doesn't provide a "barrier" around the house for any period of time. But it does kill them pretty quickly if you spray them directly. They usually die within a few feet of where they were sprayed. If you have the flying roach [censored] like I do, they can still fly for a couple of feet before careening to their death. Bonus points because when you spray them, they stay in the same area but they'll twitch for a day or so. The thought that I'm torturing these little basards brings me great happiness. Although I truly doubt they feel anything.

Next step is going to be trying an aerosol spray and a lighter. I've got to be careful not to burn the house down though. I'll let you know if it works good.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:41 PM

Roaches suck. If you see one, chances are there's 40 you don't see. Not too much you can do as far as elimination is concerned, they'll just come go hang in another apartment until your's is back on the menu.

Boy, the fraternity stories I could tell about the big ones that can fly...
Old 06-27-2006, 04:56 PM

I had big brown german roaches, a few of those were as big as house cats, ran so fast knocked over one of my bookshelves. I called orkin, they really did a good job, I found a bunch of dead ones the first few days, than absolutely nothing, excpet for a stray one every couple of months. Get a trash can with a sealed lid on it too.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:52 AM

I've been in Vegas for a year and we've had ants, but after spraying raid no problems since (that was when we moved in). We live in an APT and those freakin roaches are around everywhere outside, but we've never had them in here. If your landlord won't help, def moving time IMO.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:38 AM

Las Vegas has bugs. It's disgusting. When I first moved here it really freaked me out because I had never seen those humongous roaches. The have shadows, for crying out loud.

Call your apartment office. They should come spray or distribute poison for them to take back to the nest.

Or you can do like Ed does and just pray they leave. Ed hates spraying pesticide anywhere and he's just so used to bugs (living in New Orleans his whole life) that he takes a very light handed approach.

Honestly, it works, it just takes 2 weeks instead of one day. Basically, you just have to get rid of whatever they like - any open food containers. And you have to plug up their holes - easy to do with cock from Home Depot (besides, it's fun going to buy cock, "excuse me, where's the cock? I need some cock.") And you have to distribute poison. Ed likes this gel that they can eat and take back to the nest. I like the little pellets, but whatever.

Yeah, and if it doesn't get better, move. Some places in Vegas are worse than others.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Las Vegas has bugs. It's disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot I could do here, but it's only 9:50.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically, you just have to get rid of whatever they like - any open food containers. And you have to plug up their holes - easy to do with cock from Home Depot (besides, it's fun going to buy cock, "excuse me, where's the cock? I need some cock.")

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me this a joke.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:53 AM

Had a huge problem at the old complex we had, we used to spray and had little traps and pellets but it would only deter it never stop it, I think its impossible to stop it...

...the house we have now is much much better, only see the bastards outside at night otherwise inside only a couple in a month...

[censored] bastidges