Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Beat: this forum in the last month

Is it just me or has this forum become horribly cluttered with stupid blog-like posts about crap nobody cares about?

Can we all just agree as posters of BBV to not make new threads unless people will enjoy it or it will be thought provoking?

It seriously feels like 50% of the threads in BBV are the following:

- someone with less than 100 posts makes a retarded BBV post that's like a blog entry "omg i stacked some fish hitting a runner runner str8 in my 50nl game lolololol"
- 8 people make retarded replies, 6 of which involving checkmark boxes such as [ ] enlightening

Am I the only one who feels this way? Call me old, but I remember when BBV was new and the signal/noise ratio was a lot nicer, and the brags and beats were genuine as opposed to retarded crap like "wow i got AA 3 times in 8 hands oh sick", "[x] stupid"

Agree or flame away, or I guess I'll just stick to the off topic threads in the NL forums, because lately BBV just sucks with random brilliant contributions that arent getting enough love because everyone's too busy thinking of the sickest checkmark to add to some retard's beat post about his dog running into a wall.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Beat: this forum in the last month

While this is true, some of the really crappy BBV OP's have spawned legends. Think Threadcat.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:49 AM

[x] Stooped
Old 09-21-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While this is true, some of the really crappy BBV OP's have spawned legends. Think Threadcat.

[/ QUOTE ]

i missed threadcat. link?
Old 09-21-2007, 01:54 AM

clayton, i think you are right, but i also think that a certain amount of awful posts can be +ev for humor if often enough one spawns a really funny thread where the OP owns himself. the main problem is the posts aren't even awful, they just are the normal kind of suck that isnt even funny, at least when we had the gimmick invasions some were really good, now its just a lot of crappy threads. BBV has always had this to some extent, its just that they used to spawn funny threads, also a lot of bbv notable figures are gone who made a lot of the good brags. EM2, HIV, yves, aba, and schneids doesnt even make many ops any more.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i missed threadcat. link?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1
Old 09-21-2007, 02:04 AM

Correct me if im wrong, but this is the best BBV post in the last week, except of course posts by Dids
Old 09-21-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is so wrong, if you have an off topic post which involves a situation that is that awesome/random/seinfeld-esque, then post it. the problem is all the ones that try to be that are uninteresting and boring

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, OK, I lose. Thought the OP was just waah cat ran away might have been eaten. Turns out it kicks ass. Threadcat rules, BBV is mostly lame but sometimes awesome, btch im ctr. What else is new.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Think Threadcat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, threadcat was actually amazing. Please dont bring Threadcat into this, because threadcat was always brilliant.

I'm referring to the countless threads that compose at least half the forum right now, if you'd like clarification search every single post that has less than 20 replies.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:55 AM

You realize this is going to spawn a bunch of threads where people lose races at Unl.