Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2007, 09:48 PM

Default *Official 2007 Bills Thread*

I hope I'm not the only poster here; the Bills boards get worse by the day with uncanny blind optimism.

The biggest plus that we have to cling to right now is that the offense should be better this yr w/ JP looking decent the 2nd half of last yr & a better OL. Even without the addition of Dockery the protection was much better after Peters moved to LT. The "scientist" geek from ESPN said Evans ran 5 double move routes for something like 200+ yards & 5 TD's last year...can that be right? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Of course the offense has looked like pooh thus far in the pre-season. I'm not so much worried about Lynch as he hasn't had much work, but the improved OL on paper hasn't really translated yet.
Parrish has probably been their best player and he might eventually be one of the most dangerous slot guys in the league; but it's doubtful that he or anybody else on the current roster can be a good #2 WR.

Defense - Ruh roh. It's hard to imagine the run defense being any good, even if the losses of Spikes/Fletcher have been overstated IMO. The DL is desperately missing a guy like, well...Pat Williams. Furthermore, Jason Webster appears to suck @ CB & the pass D could suck as well unless somebody other than Schobel steps up as a pass-rusher.
I guess the best case scenerio here is hoping last year's rookie safties become legitimately good & that they can be a "bend but don't break" unit like they've done in the pre-season thus far.

Special Teams - Should be one of the best in the league again. Lol @ Martz for firing this Bobby April guy. Thanks.

The schedule is awful. It's almost impossible to see anything better than 3-5 at the midway point. Maybe we don't deserve to host a MNF game but hey - F- the haters; we've played like 95 straight primetime games on the road outside of that Denver game a couple yrs ago. And of course the Pats have their bye week before playing us for the 8,000,000,001st consecutive year (like they need it).

Sun 9/9 Denver 1:00 pm
Sun 9/16 at Pittsburgh 1:00 pm
Sun 9/23 at New England 1:00 pm
Sun 9/30 NY Jets 1:00 pm
Mon 10/8 Dallas 8:30 pm
bye
Sun 10/21 Baltimore 1:00 pm
Sun 10/28 at NY Jets 4:05 pm
Sun 11/4 Cincinnati 1:00 pm
Sun 11/11 at Miami 1:00 pm
Sun 11/18 New England 1:00 pm
Sun 11/25 at Jacksonville 1:00 pm