Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, you should note that the AP email account was not observing POTRIPPER's table. It was user 363 (with an MSN email) who was observing POTRIPPER's table.

But the AP email account and user 363 were both on the same IP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nat,

If #363 has been around since the beginning, and is highly unlikely to be registered to anyone, how is it that it has an MSN email address attached to it instead of an AP email?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know. It could have been registered originally with an AP email or the person doing the cheating could have changed it to some anonymous email. I've done extensive searching of the email and I can't find anything. I also have other poker sites looking into the info and the emails don't appear to be registered with anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you agree that this is very unusual? It's like the one piece of the puzzle that doesn't seem to fit at all.

Also, how hard is it to hack into an MSN email? I'd imagine it's not the most difficult thing in the world. If someone were to do that, obviously we may have trouble using anything we find in that account as evidence, but I'd imagine it would surely point us to where the rest of the answers are.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:58 AM

I think Druff is probably like 95% on the money. The accounts getting taken over part sounds extremely plausible. Note that AP's immediate reaction (probably genuine) was that doubledrag et al couldn't be cheating because they were big losing players.

I agree with others tho that we need to draw a clear line between fact and speculation.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking ahead, we intend to work with Absolute Poker as closely as possible to get all the facts and decipher them from "Internet folk lore." In fact, we've been on several phone calls today with AP trying to find out what they know about this situation and how they’re dealing with it. We’ll continue to press them to try and find out more. They’ve also invited us to have full access to their office and systems, and we’re hoping to be able to use that access to find out more about what went wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some one more involved in this than me give Adam from p5s an e-mail asking all of the crucial questions that will wrap this one up. Every hand they've all ever played should be a start...
Old 10-16-2007, 06:07 AM

Jesus, sending pawket 5's in there? *awaits AP-esque response from downies*
Old 10-16-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looking ahead, we intend to work with Absolute Poker as closely as possible to get all the facts and decipher them from "Internet folk lore." In fact, we've been on several phone calls today with AP trying to find out what they know about this situation and how they’re dealing with it. We’ll continue to press them to try and find out more. They’ve also invited us to have full access to their office and systems, and we’re hoping to be able to use that access to find out more about what went wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, where did i miss this from?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:08 AM

If anyone's wondering where the quote just above comes from, I'm not sure if this has been posted yet: PocketFives response.

Cliff notes: They're worried, and have suspended all Absolute promotions and advertising pending an investigation. Absolute have offered them access to their offices and systems.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:12 AM

srs biz
Old 10-16-2007, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone's wondering where the quote just above comes from, I'm not sure if this has been posted yet: PocketFives response.

Cliff notes: They're worried, and have suspended all Absolute promotions and advertising pending an investigation. Absolute have offered them access to their offices and systems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent. As Absolute has now had sufficient time to cover their tracks everything should be on the up and up.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:23 AM

Yeah I'm not really sure what P5s expect to find in there, a big red computer labelled SUPERUSER 363 USE ONLY? Still, it's a positive development that big organisations like bonuswhores and pocketfives are starting to see which way the wind is blowing.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:32 AM

hehe, absolutes integrity page says:
'No private data, such as pocket cards, is ever transferred to other players.'

And
'Also no other computer playing at your table can see your face down cards.'

Doesn't say anything about observers!
Closed Thread