Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 05:33 PM

Default how bad are my stats?

Old 11-14-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: how bad are my stats?

I'd try to get your VPIP and PFR to be a little closer to each other. So call less and raise more.

A 21% WTSD coupled with a 49.5 W$@SD looks like you're not going to showdown enough, and loosing more than you should when you do. So you're folding winners and calling with loosers just a little more than you should be.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:17 PM

i cant see too much wrong here TBH, raise more call less, and maybe steal slightly more but apart from that the look fine
Old 11-14-2007, 09:27 PM

I think you might be a little too aggressive on the flop, turn, and river?

Also, I'd love to get my hands on the net results of your hands.

Lastly, there might not actually be much wrong with your play, you've just hit a bad streak. (If you send me your net hand results, I can tell you what % of the time your next 10,000 hands will be positive).
Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant see too much wrong here TBH, raise more call less, and maybe steal slightly more but apart from that the look fine

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm shocked you're a loser at the micro stakes with those stakes. You should be absolutely crushing those games with those stats. I guess it could be some sick variance but I think you probably have some weighty postflop leaks. Post some hands where you had some trouble so we can try to identify those leaks for you.

Also, one thing you should try doing differently is raising at least twice as many hands preflop. You want to build a pot with hands that will frequently hit the flop hard so you can extract more value from your calling station opps preflop. QQ+, all connectors and 1-gap hands, 4 big cards, and medium pairs wih connecting cards are all hands that should be raised from every position except with some of the weaker of those hands in the blinds.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:19 AM

I think these stats are decent, It would probably be advisable to cut down your vpip to something around 25-30. The Pfr could come up a little but I don't think its that important at the microstakes. Post your position stats, you could have some leaks like opening to many hands utg or not enough on the button.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:23 AM

It looks generally good, but I think you may be committing too much in some small pots with not enough of a hand. As others have said, you ought to be raising preflop a little more, and this helps narrow other people's ranges on future streets a little, and so helps us make our decisions. It also means that there's something worth fighting over on the flop which is your advantage as the edge you get from bludgeoning your villains to death is bigger in raised pots than unraised ones. The other stats look good tbh, your aggression level is high and you're playing possibly a few too many but not far too many hands for six-max. Also, try for a hi-lo scoop > 0% [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 03:44 AM

One thing to remember is that you'd actually be winning without the rake so you can bleed money away pretty slow and still be losing at this rate.

As stated by others, most of your stats look pretty good, but a couple stand out to me:

1) PFR- Anything under 10 is entirely too low, especially if your game plays fairly passively. You need to be building pots in position and building pots when you have generally good hands.

2) WTSD- 21 also seems really low to me. I think you're taking the mantra that "nut-peddling is the way to beat low stakes" to heart a little too much. A lot of your opponents are going to be wildly overvaluing hands so you need to call a little lighter than you would otherwise. You don't want to lay down bottom set to someone who thinks AA is the nuts.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:26 AM

Thanks for good help from everyone. So I'll try to be more tight-agressive preflop and try to see the river more frequently with good hands. I have been loosing quite many coinfips, 60-40 and even 80-20 situations in a row, but that's not what bothers me. I know that I have quite many bad leaks still out there especially when playing deep. I tend to commit too much in obviously bad situations.
Some of these hands I will post here soon to get some useful critique back from you.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you send me your net hand results, I can tell you what % of the time your next 10,000 hands will be positive.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll take some time for that in couple of next days, but can you advise how to do it?