Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-13-2007, 06:59 AM

Default Re: ******** November Omaha Low Content Thread ********

Thanks, I'll try to give you the stats and sample hands. At these limits it's not money that matters to me most, it's just too frustrating to loose every session because of making big mistakes in a single hand. I must say that I'm quite new to the game (started to play few months ago) so I have played only ~15K hands so far. My goal was to try to beat the lowest games before moving up, but now it seems wasting the time because there has been no progress.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:04 AM

Maybe I should have made another thread, but as there have been many similar topics already and maybe people are not very interested reading them over and over again I posted my story here. I hope you won't mind.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:13 AM

HALLELUJAH!!! Just logged onto Party and noticed they now have 6-max PLO tables!! Now let's see if I can get some shorthanded going with all the full ring nits that populate this site...
Old 11-13-2007, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I should have made another thread, but as there have been many similar topics already and maybe people are not very interested reading them over and over again I posted my story here. I hope you won't mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't be silly, post it, where else are you gonna get PLO-specific help, BBV? we're happy to help.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I'll try to give you the stats and sample hands. At these limits it's not money that matters to me most, it's just too frustrating to loose every session because of making big mistakes in a single hand. I must say that I'm quite new to the game (started to play few months ago) so I have played only ~15K hands so far. My goal was to try to beat the lowest games before moving up, but now it seems wasting the time because there has been no progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also move down to the 5c game (on Stars) or even a 1c/2c game and learn it there..will cost you less money.

If you haven't done so already, download PokerEV and look through your biggest losing hands. Play them street by street and looking how you are getting your money in. Do the same for your biggest winning hands. If you have any questions post them here. http://www.pokerevsoftware.com

Also, it sounds like you have Pokertracker? I would be very interested in having just the net results of each hand. I am studying the distribution of hand results and in all seriousness I would love to get a copy. To be honest, I'm not sure this will end up being a benefit for you in any way but if I learn anything about your game this way (somewhat unlikely) I will certainly PM you the info. If interested please PM (or email me at albrigh_1999@yahoo.com) me for Pokertracker instructions on how to download and send the hands. [This request holds for anyone with a losing set of data.]
Old 11-13-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bates35. Don't think I've seen him before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have. This is standard behavior.

Also -- I don't know if you mean 'nitty' as 'lose a buyin and be annoying' or 'nitty' as in TAG or TAP but I think the games on stars right now -- at least at .5/1 and 1/2 and from what I can see of 2/4 are some of the best there have ever been in the last year.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HALLELUJAH!!! Just logged onto Party and noticed they now have 6-max PLO tables!! Now let's see if I can get some shorthanded going with all the full ring nits that populate this site...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Paaaaaaaaarty Pokkaahhhhhhhh

I wonder what the PLO games are like on there. Though it would be best if I didn't do that.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who was it ig?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Did I play this bad?

PokerStars Game #13209305213: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/11/13 - 00:00:54 (ET)

Table 'Weber' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: tpev ($93.50 in chips)
Seat 2: FloridaTiger ($13.10 in chips)
Seat 3: iggymcfly ($144.95 in chips)
Seat 4: pupptmaster ($26.65 in chips)
Seat 5: Trolleur ($266.20 in chips)
Seat 6: Costavio ($43.65 in chips)

Costavio: posts small blind $0.50
tpev: posts big blind $1

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Trolleur [Qd Jc 7d Qh]
FloridaTiger: calls $1
iggymcfly: raises $3.50 to $4.50
pupptmaster: folds
Trolleur: calls $4.50
Costavio: folds
tpev: folds
FloridaTiger: folds

*** FLOP *** [5c 9d Ts]
iggymcfly: bets $10.95
Trolleur: calls $10.95

*** TURN *** [5c 9d Ts] [8s]
iggymcfly: bets $31.80
Trolleur: raises $95.40 to $127.20
iggymcfly: raises $2.30 to $129.50 and is all-in
Trolleur: calls $2.30

*** RIVER *** [5c 9d Ts 8s] [Th]

*** SHOW DOWN ***
iggymcfly: shows [Td As Js 5d]
(a full house, Tens full of Fives)
Trolleur: mucks hand
iggymcfly collected $289.40 from pot

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Troll, I think you played it fine. Immediately after I bet the turn, I wished I hadn't though. I think a C/R is way better as it does the same when you hit and wins me an extra $30 when you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/c?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Paaaaaaaaarty Pokkaahhhhhhhh

I wonder what the PLO games are like on there. Though it would be best if I didn't do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are like printing money, I just started PLO and make horrible mistakes like misreading the board all the time and still run at ~10bb/100(only PLO25 though)
Old 11-13-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who was it ig?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've playd with him a few times at 1/2 and/or 2/4. It was awhile ago and I got the feeling that he was a NLHE player trying out PLO. I don't remember him berating me or anything tho. He pops back in the HU tables from time to time but I haven't played him since.