Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 10-30-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: How Do I Get \"Credit\" For All Our Monthly Charges?

Ouch! I feared that answer... but clearly it sounds as if you know what you're talking about here. Methinks it's back to the grind... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 03:29 PM

Get a credit card which offers cashback...you are losing out on at least 1% of that 60k every month....if it's only 2k limit...make a 60k payment...tada! 60k limit
Old 10-30-2007, 03:37 PM

ok, that's cool! I was posting to find a way to enhance our credit score, but I'm sure as [censored] happy to make an additional 7k/yr, in lieu of that [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

Thanks for this.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:16 PM

Here's another idea....probably not as good or foolproof as what you have already been given...but try applying for a AmEx Small Business card. Depending on the legal structure of your consulting business, you may be able to get the card in your business name & have yourself as an account co-holder. Just a thought...I don't know if they even do that.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:11 PM

What you really need is one of those AMEX black cards:

http://www.superaffiliatemindset.com...ex-black-card/
Old 10-30-2007, 05:18 PM

While that link is obviously funny... it somewhat goes to the idea that I was getting at. This guy, whoever he is, seems to be claiming that all the PPC ads he pays for have let his credit card limits rise and rise and rise. I'm assuming this is indeed having an analogous effect on his credit/FICO score? I guess that's the part that is somewhat in doubt. I have 'heard' that you get offered the Titanium card by spending >200k/yr on a regular/platinum Amex card. I'd do 3 times that just from our ads... but my problem is that we can't qualify for *any* Amex card right now...
Old 10-30-2007, 07:45 PM

You're not balla till google hooks you up with a credit account.

Although we only spend about $25,000 a month...
Old 10-30-2007, 08:24 PM

Any tips on how I get that?

Send off an email to customer service and say 'hey, I spend 2k/day and dont have a credit account, but my buddy spends half that and does'?

Did they just contact you and offer it (because you had an account for awhile or whatnot?). I've been with them since March 2006, so maybe we need to build a longer-term history?

Seriously, *if* that "counts" as credit, methinks I'd *really* like to get that. Though if it doesn't, I guess what's the point?
Old 10-31-2007, 12:17 AM

It doesn't count for "credit" it just counts for Brags, Beats, Variance. It also saves google a ton of money in credit card processing fees.

If I were you I'd start with 2 cards at whatever limit you can get and max them out and immediately pay them off - do this several times per month if possible. After several months the card issuers will be glad to raise your limits. I'd bet you can easily be up to $25K+ in credit by May next year.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:16 AM

I just popped them an email. Worst case, it'll make accounting easier (no more weird ~2k/day charges to reco each month from online banking), and I'll get some of that BBV street cred. Best case, they report to the bureaus our payment history after a period of time, and it boosts the ol' credit score after all.

I'll try the cards thing, too. It's just so frustrating to have $300 limits and to try to charge/pay frequently enough to get the limit raised from such a low point to a level that makes some sort of difference [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].