Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who wants to bet tons and tons of money that Potripper is just a random account and User #363 is the hole cam superaccount?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I've been saying from the beginning. I have posts from weeks ago where I said it was an inside person relaying info from some account that could observe hole cards. (Not like I was the only one or anything, just saying that I've thought for awhile this was the most likely scenario)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is further supported by the fact that the accounts seemingly were unable to use their soulreading powers until several hands had passed since their joining of the table (or switching from one table to another in a tourney).

Seems pretty unreal that absolute would release this information like this.

Any chance for a huge lawsuit against AP once the evidence is deemed conclusive? I just worry this would really hurt online poker unless it could somehow be spun in a positive way via making an example out of absolute.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
N82, does this old account show up observing any other tables aside from POTRIPPERs?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, he was only watching one table and he never left it.

There was another guy on the IP too though. First, this guy's user id is in the 2.2 million range, so he's a more recent user. Also, his observing record is the following:

9 896749443 2007-09-12 23:09:54
9 896749443 2007-09-12 23:10:12

So he was only on table 9 and he was there for like 18 seconds. Kinda weird.

It's possible that this second guy is POTRIPPER and he clicked on another table by accident or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

or logged in with the wrong account?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So do you have his name, or just his email?
Is the IP address from which this rogue observer closely related to Absolute's IP address? e.g. could we figure out whether he was observing from Absolute Poker's offices/IP, or simply from elsewhere in Costa Rica?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just his email.

This is the ISP of the IP address: https://www.racsa.co.cr/index.html

It is coming from a San Jose location, so it isn't elsewhere in Costa Rica.

Does anyone have some Costa Rican AP IPs?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the IP address from which this rogue observer closely related to Absolute's IP address? e.g. could we figure out whether he was observing from Absolute Poker's offices/IP, or simply from elsewhere in Costa Rica?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also keep in mind that AP has spammed endlessly and there many IP's they have left behind as evidence. Not all of their spam has come from AP related ip's as not all of their company is in CR, some is in Vancouver unless this changed recently.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just his email.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't u somehow figure this out just by looking at the headers from an email from support@absolute or something? u can't see the IP of the email sender?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
N82, does this old account show up observing any other tables aside from POTRIPPERs?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was another guy on the IP too though. First, this guy's user id is in the 2.2 million range, so he's a more recent user. Also, his observing record is the following:

It's possible that this second guy is POTRIPPER and he clicked on another table by accident or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

or logged in with the wrong account?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know why he would login with the wrong account or something, then go to table 9. Doesn't make much sense. It makes more sense to me that he misclicked on the tourney lobby (9 might have been near 13, esp since this was over 2 hours in) trying to click on his table or something.

I dunno, I'm just making up why this 2nd guy from the same IP was clicking around in the tournament, I'm not sure why.

Also, this second guy has a shady email address registered to a domain that has private domain whois info. The guy who I pointed out first has an MSN email.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thx bro.

and good job coming up with some indisputable evidence.

now the question is how do you get APs attention, because they have virtually no incentive in admitting to anything publicly.

the best outcome (which is optimistic) would be for the harmed parties to get their money back and for the offending accounts to be closed and have their funds confiscated.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just his email.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't u somehow figure this out just by looking at the headers from an email from support@absolute or something? u can't see the IP of the email sender?

[/ QUOTE ]
If the support person was in their offices when it was sent, sure. But I've never emailed AP.

Could we find where Ap's servers are located from the promotional emails they send, or through an email received from the security department??

Edit : too late

fkn <3 Nat
Closed Thread