Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Mis-played or mis-read? 4/8 kill

Kill is off, I am on the button, BM action at the Golden West in Bakersfield early Sunday morning.

I have 4556 double suited from the button, table is short, 6 players. Limped around to me, everybody in, I raise, BB 3 bets, EP caps, everybody still in.

Flop is T66. BB bets, everybody limps. (my firt mistake, should have raised)

Turn is T, table explodes with 3 bets cold to me, only one player drops out ahead of me. I ?

The EP who limped/4-bet PF plays every hand. The guy on my right plays hands like QQQx (he is all in again on the turn). Other players are average.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Mis-played or mis-read? 4/8 kill

I don't like the raise with 4556ds in a limped field. This is limit omaha and your hand will rarely make a strong hand. While raising the pot is fine in PLO in this situation, here you should either limp or fold. If it was folded to you on the button or there was one limper, you can raise to steal the blinds and take the initiative.

You should raise the flop. If you get 3 bet on the flop you may want to take one more off and fold if unimproved (except against a maniac of course). You have a crappy kicker.

If it is 3 bets cold to you on the turn, you have to let it go. Someone has a T out there and someone may have a 6 with a better kicker. You may be drawing to only 5 outs (4,4,4,5,5)... you may be dead already.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:31 AM

I think you played it fine. Preflop you have an OK hand in position, raising is fine. I'm not sure if there is value in raising the flop or not, since you almost surely have to improve to win, but I can't see folding for one bet. Turn you have to fold.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:35 AM

actually with 15 BB in the pot already, and lots more going in on the turn, maybe you should call the turn. Hard for someone to have T6 with this action, and if you make a full house it is probably good. The game sounds nuts though.

edit: actually you can't really call the turn expecting to have 5 outs, and for them not always to be good. I think you could call two bets if you knew it wasn't going up any more.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:43 AM

A quick update. The action was at 3 bets + $1 on the turn with one player all in so that would have been it for that round.