Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 08:37 PM

Default microposter hand A (#12122586604): 77

i hate you guys, but i made the stupid video and it got stickied so god dammit we're gonna discuss it. i'm gonna pick some hands that bugged me and post 'em.

mp is looking aggressive. button is unknown.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (11 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero...?

what's the plan for this street? later streets?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: microposter hand A (#12122586604): 77

[ QUOTE ]
i hate you guys, but i made the stupid video and it got stickied so god dammit we're gonna discuss it. i'm gonna pick some hands that bugged me and post 'em.

mp is looking aggressive. button is unknown.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (11 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero...?

what's the plan for this street? later streets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check and see what SB does. I'd check-fold if SB calls because while you might be ahead of button's range, but when SB calls you're often drawing to a 2-outer. The JT combination on the flop is too ugly to want to continue three handed.

If SB folds, you have a more interesting decision of check-raising or check-calling depending on what you think the button is capable of doing. Either way, it's going to be dicey because you have a little less than 2 outs when you're behind and he has at least 10 outs when you're ahead.

My LAG inclination is to check-raise if SB folds (folding to a 3-bet), bet-fold the turn, then check-call the river. I don't take the check-raise-fold line too often, but this is a spot where I think it should be good.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Check and see what SB does. I'd check-fold if SB calls because while you might be ahead of button's range, but when SB calls you're often drawing to a 2-outer. The JT combination on the flop is too ugly to want to continue three handed.

If SB folds, you have a more interesting decision of check-raising or check-calling depending on what you think the button is capable of doing. Either way, it's going to be dicey because you have a little less than 2 outs when you're behind and he has at least 10 outs when you're ahead.

My LAG inclination is to check-raise if SB folds (folding to a 3-bet), bet-fold the turn, then check-call the river. I don't take the check-raise-fold line too often, but this is a spot where I think it should be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a great post with many good points. you rule, aaron.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:28 PM

looking at the pot, I think we could check/call and consider check/folding the turn. The idea here is not that "we are behind and have X odds" it's that button is autobetting into 2 villains, and so we could be ahead. If we wait for a turn, we could re-evaluate. I agree this hand is not easy to play.

Buzz
Old 09-19-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My LAG inclination is to check-raise if SB folds (folding to a 3-bet)

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain makes it 12 bets, hero 14, villain 3-bets and now hero now gets 16:1. Pot bloatation...
Old 09-19-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My LAG inclination is to check-raise if SB folds (folding to a 3-bet)

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain makes it 12 bets, hero 14, villain 3-bets and now hero now gets 16:1. Pot bloatation...

[/ QUOTE ]

A 2-outer is barely getting odds to call even with three big bets coming on the turn and river, so I don't think it's a good peel unless villain is to badly badly misplay his overpair.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:11 AM

I like how you played it, we have pretty crappy equity against the 3 bettor since he almost always has 10+ outs if we're ahead, and the flop caller on that board makes it even more unlikely that our hand is best, and will hold up, and will not get bluffed out.

If SB folded we're still in a pretty crappy spot equity wise, but I would check/call and reevaluate the turn. I don't like getting aggro with such little equity, and where I play alot of people will play aggressive on the flop with those 10+ outers. On a blank turn I would check/call again. River is a crappy spot, AK/AQ should be checking behind, and I'm thinking we should discount KQ. I really want to check/fold, but against an unknown getting like 9 to 1 I would throw a crying call in.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck yuck yuck!

Dont bloat the pot and then fold.

If it gets HU you should c/c down unless a Q, K or A drops. If you had a read you could c/c c/c c/f. Try figure out if people bet their Ax or not onm the end. If they dont you have some pretty easy river decisions on a lot of flops with marginal hands like A high and bottom pairs etc.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:51 PM

I also agree that this was not an easy spot to be in with the 2 overcards on the drawy flop.

I think that I might have taken a stab with a bet at the pot on the flop.

Then see what happens.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that I might have taken a stab with a bet at the pot on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would that accomplish? What better hands do you see button folding?