Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-28-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: College Football Schedules 2008

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-UF opens with Hawaii

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish they did a neutral field thing in LA or something. Not going to happen obviously, but it would make it a lot more interesting. UF is obviously the better team but traveling 5000 miles to play in the Swamp has to move the line a lot of points. We're talking about 6 hours of time difference as well so if the game is at 4 in Florida that'll feel like 10 in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]
I somewhat agree here. I'm not sure that it'll be close anyhow as Brennan is gone next year. But yeah, the hour difference would level the playing field a bit.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:33 AM

If none of the juniors leave OSU will only be losing 2 starters going into next year. You can probably assume that a few will leave(Malcolm Jenkis and Lauranitis(althout he said like last year he was staying but you know that doesn't really mean anything.)

They will be def. in the top 5 imo, possibly a chance to be the number 1, who knows though.

That OSU-USC game is going to be huge. (I can't wait till '09 though when we get to play them at the shoe.)
Old 11-28-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who besides Florida projects to be top 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cowherd was talking about this today and his impression was that USC, Ohio State, Georgia, and Florida would make up four of the top five teams.

[ QUOTE ]
I know that WVU plays Auburn as well. If White/Slaton are back (I doubt), it would be a great matchup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree that Slaton probably goes to the NFL draft (although his stock is down) but what gives you the impression that White won't stay? He seems far too raw to even consider going into the NFL right now.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:03 AM

You could be right about White. Just seems all the hype to go early if you have hype surrounding you. If he performs well in a potential NC game, I wouldnt be surprised.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-UF opens with Hawaii

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish they did a neutral field thing in LA or something. Not going to happen obviously, but it would make it a lot more interesting. UF is obviously the better team but traveling 5000 miles to play in the Swamp has to move the line a lot of points. We're talking about 6 hours of time difference as well so if the game is at 4 in Florida that'll feel like 10 in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]
I somewhat agree here. I'm not sure that it'll be close anyhow as Brennan is gone next year. But yeah, the hour difference would level the playing field a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Graunke's pretty good as well, and they return two of their four stud recievers (assuming Bess doesn't declare this year). all of their running backs are back as well, which isn't as irrelevant as it sounds at first. a lot of their "running" plays go down in the books as passes because they're actually shovel passes and quick dumps to their backs. the few times they actually put the ball on the ground, they actually run very well. their three main rushers (pilares, wright-jackson and libre), who are all back next year, are averaging 5.8, 6.6 and 8.4 yards per carry respectively.

they probably won't threaten the BCS next year, but they won't be the pushovers that everyone thinks with Colt leaving.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

they probably won't threaten the BCS next year, but they won't be the pushovers that everyone thinks with Colt leaving.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they will be like Boise was this year.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:11 AM

UGA is pretty young/loaded.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:18 AM

UGA/OSU Nat'l Champ. game next year. Book it.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 AM

Next years UF/UGA could be a sick sick game. Both could very well be undefeated going into the game in November.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So they will be like Boise was this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe not as good results. their schedule next year is way tougher than BSU's this year. They have Florida, Oregon State, Weber State, Washington State and Cincinnati lined up next year (not the greatest BCS foes but only one 1AA patsie, and four BCS conference opponents.