Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Trip 5\'s (0,50/1)

I played my first 300 Hands of FL and i'm slightly confused in situations like this. valenti64 was hyperaggresive so 79 seems to be possible. But i can't fold a set in this spot
Calling the Flop was weak but what's with the rest of the hand...How could i play it better?!
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1683480
Old 11-10-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Trip 5\'s (0,50/1)

[ QUOTE ]
curtesy of ignikokt

[/ QUOTE ]
Having problems with the drudgery of holding down the Raise button? You need the Raising Rock! Large and heavy, the Raising Rock fits easily on your Raise button and comes in a variety of colors! Customize it with initials or lacquer on a photo of your gf! It's wondumental!

Place your Raising Rock on the Raise Any button when you hit a set like this. Now you can walk away from your computer, secure in the knowledge that you're doing all the raising you should be doing while you go fetch a tall, cool beer. When you return to your computer, you'll usually find you won the hand -- with almost zero effort! Imbelievable!

[/ QUOTE ]

Use your

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-10-2007, 04:55 PM

Firstly welcome to the forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You might be able to find a better converter or else take a few minutes to type your post out like this:

0.50/1 (9 handed)

4 folds, MP3 limps, CO (poster checks), Hero (Button) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] limps, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players, 4.5 sb)

BB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero bets, BB calls, MP3 raises, CO calls, BB calls, Hero ...?

By stopping your hand at the point where you faced your most difficult decision, it should help to generate the best responses from other posters.

Giving a read on other players, such as you did by saying that MP3 seemed agressive is also helpful.

I think that you slowed down too soon in this hand. Villain's flop raise was too early to give her credit for a flopped straight. An agressive player could have been raising with top pair.

So, I would have 3-bet the flop and led both the turn and river.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:00 PM

You have a super awesome hand, get a lot of bets in. 79 is possible, 88 is possible, 66 is possible, but more likely when he raises the flop two pair or an overpair or something like k8, Q8 is more likely. He is much more likely on the flop to have a hand worse than yours, so you should raise. If he caps, then mb you would have discussion about what to do on later streets.

You can't be afraid to get bets in with your good hands for fear that your oppenent has a better hand. Sure it sucks when you put bets in and he has it, but in spots where it is profitable for you to put bets in you have to take advantage, that is pretty much how you make money at poker.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:06 AM

I'd raise the flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]