Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 PM

Default A6o in SB multiway

One hand I know I screwed up from my last session. It was a spot i've screwed up before, I just want to hear some comments.

10-20 live in AC. 10 handed. Somewhat loose game, maybe 4-5 to flop on average.

I have A6o in SB. 4 limpers. (Main villain is CO - the last limper. He has about 4 full racks of chips in front of him. He's a little loose pre-flop, but is getting paid big-time post-flop. I have trouble believing him, maybe so do others, and maybe thats why he has 4 racks.) I complete. BB checks.

Flop is K76 rainbow. Check to CO, who bets.

Does anybody fold pre-flop? What's my best play here on the flop, and for the rest of the hand given certain outcomes?

Thank you for your comments.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Re: A6o in SB multiway

I want to fold PF, but you are getting 11:1, so calling can't be that wrong.

On the flop I just fold - you've got bottom pair, no draw, and even if CO has something like 89o then you are only about even money to win the hand. Plus you don't know who else might wake up with a hand.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

On the flop I just fold - you've got bottom pair, no draw, and even if CO has something like 89o then you are only about even money to win the hand. Plus you don't know who else might wake up with a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2007, 01:06 AM

No one calls getting 7:1 to hit two pair on the turn?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:15 AM

I have no problem with the pre-flop call [although I can see others who might], but how tricky is the field?

If it's a regular loose game, that isn't too tricky or aggressive (i.e. I'm not likely to encounter a flop check-raise), I peel to hit my "pure" 5 outer...pure in the sense that the A or 6 cannot complete a straight nor make any flush possible.

Plans? I would lead if an A turned, and I would check-raise if a 6 came.

True, you're not getting true odds at 7:1, nor are you closing the action, but you also cannot ignore the possibility that you (a) already have the best hand or (b) might get a free river card.

Again, this peel decision hinges on the aggressiveness of the field.

Garland
Old 11-08-2007, 03:39 PM

I call this pre-flop.

On the flop it is either raise or fold for me. I don't want any other callers with say a gut shot and two bigger cards than a 6 also calling...

This time I probably raise because I believe CO would bet no matter what he had, given your description. He may have a 7 but so be it (and maybe I can talk him out of it...)

Assuming everybody folds but CO I lead the turn. If there is one CC and the CO calls then I either must improve or the card must be favorable (like a K, 7, 5?, 4, 3, or a 2) for me to bet. Two or more CC's and I need to improve or I am putting no more money in.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are being a little too pessimistic. These low limit games play pretty passively. You aren't going to get checkraised often so not closing the action in a limped pot is not that great a concern. Anyone with a "big hand" like a set who checks through the flop the first time is going to wait for the turn. Thats what 10/20 fish do. Raising is pretty awful though. When he bets you can just peel one and try to improve. You are a little short on odds but with implieds you are fine. The key though as garland says is recognizing the flop textures like this one where your money cards don't make anyone else's hand.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are being a little too pessimistic. These low limit games play pretty passively. You aren't going to get checkraised often so not closing the action in a limped pot is not that great a concern. Anyone with a "big hand" like a set who checks through the flop the first time is going to wait for the turn. Thats what 10/20 fish do. Raising is pretty awful though. When he bets you can just peel one and try to improve. You are a little short on odds but with implieds you are fine. The key though as garland says is recognizing the flop textures like this one where your money cards don't make anyone else's hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I should have been more clear - when I wrote my response I was thinking that OP had actually raised the flop (that seemed to be what he was suggesting). By "wake up" I didn't mean that I was afraid of a c/r so much as someone calling 2 with a K or 7. I agree that calling is better than raising, but I'd still be worried about someone else having a hand like A7, which cuts into our implied odds a lot.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 PM

At the Borg 10 game, I am absolutely calling PF here, because I'm fairly confident that I won't get myself into trouble here. THe flop can't be a raise IMO and I also don't think anyone is going for a CR here so calling and peeling (maybe a hair light) is fine.
Plans?
Totally depends on how many others make it to the turn. If enough (CO + Hero + 2 others) see the Turn I go for a C/R if an A or 6 hits here.
If it is just me and CO it would have to depend on how often he double barrels here... but I'm leading towards leading an A.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I'd still be worried about someone else having a hand like A7, which cuts into our implied odds a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense ns, but logic like this sounds like its coming from lee jones WLLH, about as weak-tight limit book there is.

using this logic, the only time we could ever "safely" continue in a hand is with TPTK, and then we should worry about a set.

i dont think that the very small possibility of A7 here should be a concern.