Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: do you chop? no, i prefer to play my five deuce offsuit, kthx

hehe, this is somewhat off-topic, but on the subject of chops. I had two hands last night when I played live in chop situations.

The first, I'm OTB with A3. It's folded to me, so I open-raise. Both blinds glare at me; evidently they had agreed to chop before I raised. SB 3bets. BB caps. I fold and congratulate them on getting $6 of dead money from me. They agree to check it down and SB opens 99 and BB opens QQ. Flop comes down with a 9 and the set of 9s holds up for SB. BB looks at me like he wants to kill me; he would've gotten his $3 back instead of losing $12. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The second, I'm in SB and it's looking like it'll be folded to us, so I ask BB what he wants to do. He says "instead of chopping, let's cap preflop and then check it down!" I have AJ and know he's LAGgro enough to play a worse hand this way, so I agree. So, we cap and then open. He has A3 and my unimproved AJ is good. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]