Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: mass effect

You become a serious killing machine once you get the decent weapons, also Spoiler: <font color="white"> i just finished the mission where you have to decide whether you want to kill the arachni queen or set her free and I gotta say that it was one tough decision to make</font>
Old 11-25-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, beaten it already????

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I didn't do any side quests at all my first time beating it, now all I'm doing this go around are side quests for the achievement.

Is it just me, or is the sniper rifle useless in 95% of the game, you can maybe get one shot off before you get ambushed and then it's useless.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:18 PM

Games great will post more thoughts after I've beaten it. Just completed the 3 main planet quests after leaving Citadel.

Please watch this gameplay footage starting at 3:35 (should be familiar scene to most). It looks like theyve changed the HUD some but how does he bring up that menu to place his squads cover? I'm constantly running into problems with my utility classes running out in the open in a firefight (even using up dpad) or advancing ahead of my stronger classes (when using left dpad). Anyway, I hope that cover option is still in the game (I've missed it somehow).
Old 11-25-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me, or is the sniper rifle useless in 95% of the game, you can maybe get one shot off before you get ambushed and then it's useless.

[/ QUOTE ] I've used it a bunch [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2007, 10:54 PM

Just want to add, if you pick the persona who is ruthless, the event in question occurs on Tarfan,or something like that.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:38 AM

Through about 6 hours of playtime I've done the Eden Prime mission, ran around the Citadel, and did two side missions to random uncharted planets. I think this is gonna be another Oblivion for me.

No sex with hot asaris yet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 03:42 AM

I'm 16 hours in and I gotta say the game is pretty short if you focus on the main missions, after doing a couple of sidequests I decided to focus on the mainquest and almost finished the main storyline in 1 sitting. There's tons of replayvalue to be found though with all the decisions you are forced to make.

Also the fights are too easy or my character is a ultra killing machine, the only time I died in the last ~8 hours was after i stormed into a room with 3 geth destroyers in it.

Oh yeah, and the driving sequences are annoying as hell imo.

Still the best game I played this year.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 16 hours in and I gotta say the game is pretty short if you focus on the main missions, after doing a couple of sidequests I decided to focus on the mainquest and almost finished the main storyline in 1 sitting. There's tons of replayvalue to be found though with all the decisions you are forced to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

What level were you upon completion?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:55 AM

How many total "missions" are there? I have done three so far. Eden Prime, Feros, and Noverian.

I've landed on probably 6 planets, surveyed a ton, and done little to know side quests. I am about 12 hours in.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You become a serious killing machine once you get the decent weapons, also Spoiler: <font color="white"> i just finished the mission where you have to decide whether you want to kill the arachni queen or set her free and I gotta say that it was one tough decision to make</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
no [censored]

Spoiler

<font color="white"> I let it live </font>
This is of course after I have already shot two people in cold blood.