Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Re: putting it in super light vs overagro 150 bbs deep. 1000NL

heh i mean if he's as on tilt as he sounds i can see him 4betting all sorts and then maybe even stacking off with 77-99.

so yeah i feel pretty great about getting 4-bet pre.

as you played it i think stacking off is fine, i just prefer juicing it preflop.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:09 AM

I think calling is arite. Results?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems like the easiest preflop 3 bet ever

[/ QUOTE ]
c) calling allows us to bluff-call on 1-overcard flops and raise undercard flops and get a 3-bet bluff from him.I love to see a flop vs this guy since this is the street where i've been beating on him the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 11-22-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
c) calling allows us to bluff-call on 1-overcard flops and raise undercard flops and get a 3-bet bluff from him.I love to see a flop vs this guy since this is the street where i've been beating on him the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
3-betting pre sux because:
a) what do you do when 4-bet cuz i feel it's comming. 3-betting pre allows him to put us in [censored] spot with a lot of overcard hands.
b) what do you do if he calls and the flop comes Q high? you cbet and get c/raised. I think you should be checking behind. So on most flops you will have a bloated pot where it will be hard to extract value.

[/ QUOTE ]

d) have some balls this is poker.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:45 AM

I don't understand why many players are so robotic. Please provide some reasoning besides lol. And RockyElsom, I'd rather win than show my balls to my opponents. It is really hard to calculate the EV of calling w/ TT vs 3-betting TT, but you could at least provide some arguments why you think 3-betting is better.

I mean after I three-bet, provided that he doesn't 4-bet 70% of the time there would be overcard on the flop and it will be really hard to extract value from worse hands.

While if I call I am almost guaranteed a bluff 3-bet on the flop in the 30% time I flop overpair. If the flop has an overcard I can excercise pot control and call him down.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:49 AM

basically what it comes down to is that 3-betting TT when 150 bb deep vs overagro clown is not the best idea because if it comes to putting it in he will usually have overcards/higher pairs. WB/SA situation.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:13 AM

Because we have a strong hand that is good against a guy, who clearly with history, likes to sling chips around. The key is, we might have to make a close call here and there.

You can't just try and play for pot control everytime you come up against a maniac.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because we have a strong hand that is good against a guy, who clearly with history, likes to sling chips around. The key is, we might have to make a close call here and there.

You can't just try and play for pot control everytime you come up against a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think arguing about preflop is v important in this hand. You can't prove to me that the EV of 3-bet is higher than calling because solving for preflop EV is extremely complicated. In addition, post flop play is much more important than pre. That's why I posted the hand. I never intended to argue about pre.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think arguing about preflop is v important in this hand. You can't prove to me that the EV of 3-bet is higher than calling because solving for preflop EV is extremely complicated. In addition, post flop play is much more important than pre. That's why I posted the hand. I never intended to argue about pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its clear your intentions are on keeping this pot manageable. You are not comfortable with felting this hand minus a set, end of story. Against this guy, I think you're leaving a lot at the table.